The coma

A/N: heya guys! So I hope you like this story! Vote and comment with any ideas you have! It means a lot!

As Chris lay on the hospital bed Clarisse paced round inside. Frowning. It had been 6 weeks since Chris had entered the coma, and Clarisse felt every day like it was a year. Life without him seemed so far away that she had forgotten what it was like. He had been on a quest when he had entered the coma, so no-one was 100% sure what had happened. It killed Clarisse, knowing he was there, right there, but she couldn't help him. And he couldn't wake up. She visited him every day, she held his hand and spoke to him. But nothing had worked. She refused to give up though. Because he was coming back for her.

Chris didn't remember much. But laying there hearing them talk, he knew something wasn't right. He heard Clarisse all the time, and he wanted more than anything to answer. To talk to her. But he just couldn't, it was like he was there, he was conscious. But he couldn't wake up. It frustrated him, and every day was like a new torture. He just wanted to wake up. He couldn't move, couldn't talk, couldn't see. It was like a nightmare.

Clarisse was sitting next to him when he woke up. Slowly. First his hand started moving until finally he opened his eyes. Clarisse grinned and hugged him, not caring about the nurses or doctors. Chris was back. That's all that mattered. She didn't let go, the whole time they were talking and asking questions she was gripping his hand. As the doctors left Clarisse stayed, pressing her face into Chris' chest as though he would disappear.

When Chris woke up the first thing that happened was Clarisse hugging him. He smiled and hugged her back gently, still getting used to the movements. When the doctors were gone and she pressed her face into his chest, all he wanted to do was comfort her. But he had no idea how. Chris rubbed his girlfriends back over and over, kissing her head again and again.

"Gave us a scare there punk" She gave a weak smile

"sorry" When he replied his voice sounded hoarse. She wanted to get out of the hospital. To get back to camp.

"dont do that again" She kisses his cheek over and over. Thankful to have him back. Chris just smiled and breathed in the familiar scent of her hair. Clarisse felt him smile and she smiled back, breathing shakily.

"and if you do, being in a coma will be the least of your worries."