The first night together

A/N: hey, so I thought, Chris and Clarisse have obviously spent the night together at some point. So this is one of my ideas for what happened on the first night. :)

Clarisse's POV

The first thing I noticed when I woke up was I was unbelievably tired, and I had no idea why. The second thing I noticed was I wasn't alone. A boy, that boy, was sound asleep next to me. Now I knew me and Chris had started dating recently - the idea scared me slightly but I was a daughter of Ares, nothing could scare me. But I still had no idea why he was in my bed, if Chiron found out we'd both be on kitchen duty for months!

Even though I shouldn't, I liked the feel of his arms around me, it was relaxing. But I would never admit that to him! I didn't even know he liked me back until he asked me out a couple of weeks ago, and even then I was cautious. Not a word I would usually associate with myself, but it's the only word for it.

I sighed as I tried to remember what happened last night, and how I got to this point...

... "Clarisse ..." Chris whined. Whining - such a babyish noise. It reminds me of stupid, ignorant kids. I ignored him and carried on back to my cabin at the end of the campfire. I wasn't mad at him, but I was tired and wanted to go to bed, him following me wasn't helping either.

"don't ignore me!" he ran up behind me and followed me into my cabin. What the hades is he doing!?

"What are you doing!?" I spoke my thoughts and frowned as he shut and locked the door behind us both. It was against the rules for two people to be alone in a cabin. Let alone at night!

"Staying with you!" He smirked and sat on my bed. I hate that smirk, the half smile that drew me in in the first place. The Hermes kids trademark.

"We both know that's against the rules!" I insisted and stood next to my bed. My bed that he was sitting on.

"Yep. But when does anyone pay attention!?" Chris replied, grinning at me as he pulled me onto the bed next to him. Surprisingly I allowed him, dating must be turning my mind to mush.

I sighed "I'm head counsellor!"

"even better for you to have someone to stay" He chuckled and laid back. Showing me he wasn't going to relent; he was staying in my cabin whether I liked it or not.

"fine!" I gave up and let myself lay next to him, ignoring the butterflies, more like a whole bloody zoo, erupting in my stomach.

"that's better!" Chris wrapped an arm tightly round my shoulders and pulled my head to his chest. I allowed my head to rest against his chest, though I thought his muscles would make it hard and uncomfortable I was wrong. His steady breathing calmed and stopped me regretting letting him stay after all.

"you're gonna shut up now or you'll be sleeping on the floor" I warned. Laying like that felt nice, but I wasn't about to abandon my reputation. "and you better leave early!"

"sure. Whatever" I could feel him smile as he began running his fingers through my hair, willing me to sleep. I would never admit it to anyone, but it was quite soothing, so I let my body overtake as I fell asleep...

... and that's how I got into this position. Sitting in my bed with my boyfriend fast asleep next to me, I knew I shouldn't have trusted him to leave early. He sleeps half the day as it is! Luckily all my siblings went home for the year, otherwise he wouldn't live past breakfast.

Listening to his heartbeat almost sends me back to sleep, but now I'm awake that's it. So instead I stay where I am and just think, my ADHD makes it hard and soon I'm starting to fidget, threatening to ruin this moment. Just when I'm about to get up I feel his body move, his breathing shift, and I know he's about to wake.