i rolled my eyes, turning back to megan.

"that's great! i'm excited to see him too." i reply, trying to show a fake smile of my own, in hopes to convince my best friend.

"good, he should be here soon. think he's doing a sound check."

i nod and turn on my phone, noticing i have a text from gus, i look at him as he continues to look at me darkly across the room.

i was confused at his offer. he had someone right next to him. won't he want to spend it with her?

i reply quickly, i can't tonight anyway. but he replied just as quick. unfortunately letting his seeming bipolar take over him.

i sigh, and lock my phone, shoving it back down into my pocket

i decided to ignore what has gus said about feeling anything towards me. like i had said before, if i can numb him, even for just one night, i was satisfied. all i want is to help him, i want to be there with him, i want him to be here with me. but he doesn't want to do that.

he has other vices. other ways of coping. different ways of getting a distraction from the harsh, real world we live in. it makes me sad that's all there may be to us

but that's life.

"lil peep to be on stage in five!" a stage hand called.

with that i was knocked out my thoughts as everyone began to stand up and head out the dressing room.

once again, we were all at one of gus' shows, i was excited to see him perform again. it was one of the only times he looked truly happy.

as we all waited for him to go on stage, he was stood up on the stairs once again, taller than all of us. my eyes locked with his, a small smile on his face.

he gets me so high.

a half smile came onto my face, but within a second he was whisked away onto the stage, hundreds of girls calling his name.