1

-Edited-

October 10th, the day that the kyuubi — the nine tailed demon fox — attacked Konoha, the village hidden in the leaves. This was also the day that a certain three triplets were born. These children were called Katsuko, Motoshi and Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze, daughter and sons of Minato Namikaze and Kushina Uzumaki.

Things weren't going great for the Forth Hokage, Minato, to say the very least. His wife Kushina had just given birth to their children, but as a result the seal had been weakened and the kyuubi had been released. Not only that, he was now fighting a man who claimed to be Madara Uchiha, a man who should have been dead long ago. His masked opponent had attempted to take his children as well, but had only succeeded in taking one, a blond boy with cerulean eyes and six whisker marks adorning his features, three on each cheek.

As they left the room, another man entered, transformed into a small animal. He got close to Kushina, before transforming back in just enough time to place his hands on the back of her neck, shunshining before he was caught.

'Madara' was a tough ninja to fight and even the great Hokage was having difficulty keeping up with him and the strange jutsu he was using, an ability of the sharingan no doubt. Still, with the use of his two strong jutsu, hiraishin and rasengan, Minato was able to get the upper hand on his opponent. He had finally forced 'Madara' to retreat, his son on the ground crying, when another man appeared before him.

This man was identical to the previous, but unknown to Minato who was not a sensory type, the chakra was different, very different. It wasn't even one of an Uchiha, but the man who had been in the room with Kushina. "Who are you? I'm not falling for the Madara trick again. What do you want with my family and my village?" Minato yelled, already holding up a Kunai in preparation for any attacks the man might use. He thought that it was the same man as before, completely oblivious to the true intentions of the man.

The masked man slowly moved forward, holding a kunai up, before disappearing in a shunshin. Minato was looking around, his eyes watching the are to find any signs of an incoming attack. Mere seconds later, there was a fireball shooting through the air, one of the Uchiha's commonly used jutsu. This only confirmed in the mind of the Hokage that his opponent was the same Uchiha as before. The attack was easily evaded, it wasn't hard to escape when he was able to move extremely quickly after all, but fireball proved to be a distraction for something else as gas filled the air. Minato's eyes widened, and he immediately tried to hiraishin away but it only led him to more gas that had been planted throughout the whole forest.

Minato started to feel lightheaded, and so immediately went to his son. They would have to move further than the forest and he wasn't going to leave one of his dearly loved children behind in the forest. He bent down to scoop baby Naruto into his arms, allowing time for the enemy to get close. He felt a slap on the back of his head, and a cold tingling sensation spreading from his neck to his head, and hirashined to Kushina and their remaining children before the enemy could do anything more. When he arrived, however, he found Kushina was not in the room and instead Hiruzen Sarutobi was.

"Third Hokage, what are you doing here?" Minato asked in surprise, a small smile on his features, albeit a strained one because they both knew what needed to happen.

"You and I both know we need to subdue the kyuubi, and the only way to do it is to seal it. It'll be hard for Kushina to handle it after childbirth, she's already not in a completely stable condition as it is, Tsunade is looking after her. Like we discussed already, we need to seal it inside one of your children. I know it is a big ask-"

Minato cut him off, "I've got Naruto here, he's the oldest so we can seal it in him. I'll initiate the sealing very soon, meet up where we decided. Be there in a flash!"

With that, Minato was gone, leaving Sarutobi to shunshin to the kyuubi to assist the people. Minato soon arrived with his baby, wrapped in orange cloth. Minato brought him there because he had faith that he would be the strongest of the triplets, and would be able to handle the sealing and containing the demon.

He started the sealing ritual, using an extremely strong seal. He knew that it would cost a soul to complete, but he was willing to sacrifice himself. Just as the sealing was finished, the Shinigami came down to collect his soul, but the third Hokage had already knocked out the blond. "Forgive me Minato, look after the kids, especially Naruto. Take my soul instead, it should be worth plenty."

The shinigami didn't care that it wasn't the one who used the sealing, he just wanted the price to be payed. And so, it was on that night the third hokage died, leaving the fourth and his family alive and safe.

"Have a good life, Naruto. I pray to Kami that you are protected." With those last words, the Third Hokage was no more. What he didn't know was that Kami was about to fulfil his last wish in one way or another, not one that was necessarily to be expected. And it was with that one last wish that fate was shifted, and Naruto's life would be changed forever.