Michael was crying hard. It was, like, real sobbing. It broke my heart, to say the least. I didn't even know the reason he was crying but it was terrible.

"Michael," I whispered, "what's wrong?"

He hiccupped, still not pulling his head out of my shoulder. "S-She hates me."

"Who? Kat?" I asked, even though I knew it was Kat.

He seemed to start to cry harder at the mention of her name. But I felt him nod into the crook of my neck. "I s-screwed up and n-now she hates me."

"What happened, Michael."

"It's because I killed Is and her parents were killed and she's knows I'm a fucking murderer and she's scared of me and she's never gonna love me now and she hates me she hates me I hate me." His voice got louder with every word, until he just broke out into sobs again.

I gulped. There was some kind of lump in my throat and I wasn't sure if it was from wanting to cry or being nervous or maybe even something else. I didn't know what to say to Michael. So I just held him tight and let him cry.

"Vicky," He sniffled, after awhile.

"Yes, Michael?" I replied, softly.

"Can I tell you something?" The elevator was already on our floor but we didn't get off. We would let it go back down to the first floor if we had to.

I nodded, and he took a shaky breath and started. "This is probably gonna to sound really stupid and you're probably gonna laugh but that's o-okay. I just thought I might tell you because you're kinda in the s-same situation as me, I guess." He paused, and I felt his breath on my shoulder.

"I know I screwed everything up by being a fucking killer but God, everytime I look at her I get this feeling in my stomach and in my chest and it doesn't leave, e-even when she's not around me. Everything reminds me of her. I always want to be around her. I put her before me, or anyone else. She may act like a princess but I don't care, she's my God damn princess. And I don't know what this is but it sure as hell feels like love. It's the closest thing I've felt to love in a long time. And now everything's all messed up, and i-it's my fault."

So it was true; he did love her. At least she thought he did. And Kat loved him too, she just couldn't see that right now because all she could see was a killer. Which wasn't really Michael at all.

"I fucking messed up, didn't I, Vicky." It wasn't really a question, more of a statement. I shook my head.

"No, no. You'll figure things out, you will. It'll be okay. It will, Michael, believe me, because I'm almost positive she loves you too." Another sniffle. He shifted his weight and nuzzled his head into my shoulder again.

We had been on the elevator for a long time. It kept hearing it 'ding' signalling we had arrived on a floor, but no one got off or on.

I think we were back on floor three, or maybe the lobby. Michael had stopped crying, I think. Neither of us had moved and I don't think we planned to.

That was until the elevator doors opened.

I didn't look out the door, because I figured the person who stood outside would see the current scene and take the stairs, or maybe there wouldn't even be anyone there. That was not the case.

I heard someone clear their throat, and I turned my head to the left slightly. Michael didn't look, his head stayed put.

Out of everyone who could of gone downstairs, it had to be Calum. He couldn't of waited until later or maybe taken the stairs instead. At any other time, I would of been happy to see him, and he would of probably been happy to see me, but this was not one of those times. I could see it in his eyes.

He stared at me and just shook his head, and then he walked away. I didn't want to leave Michael but I did; it was an quite asshole move on my part. But I gave his hand a squeeze and I ran.

I found Calum wandering in the hallway. I walked over to him, trying to think of something to say to him. Nothing came to mind.

"Calum," I addressed him, because that's how we usually startes a conversation.

"Why? Why would you do that?" He asked, looking at his feet.

"It's a long story, I'll-"

"Long fucking story. No story long enough can explain why you were holding my girlfriend's killer."

I blinked, feeling tears in my eyes. "If you would let me explain, maybe I could-"

"I don't want you to explain, Vicky!" He yelled, taking me by surprise. His tone scared me, a little bit. "There's not reason for you to be hugging him!"

"He's my friend, Calum," I whispered, getting more and more upset by the moment. It was ridiculous how Calum was acting; I knew he was upset but this had gone a little too far.

"Friend! He's a murderer! He killed someone I loved! My girlfriend, for God's sake!" Calum shouted, clenching his fists.

I stayed silent for a second, letting some of the tears escape my eyes and roll down my cheeks. "I don't care if he killed your girlfriend. All this talk about your dead girlfriend really does make me feel like a replacement, you know? You said you felt like an asshole about it but if you really fucking cared about me you would stop bringing it up because she's dead and she's not gonna come back, Calum! You need to realize that! And for God's sake I thought you loved me at times, and maybe I loved you too, but maybe I really just was a fucking replacement this whole time." I spat, turning on my heels and running back into my room.

I was crying so hard everything was blurry. I was a replacement. This whole time, that's all I was. He saw me and thought 'Oh, you look like her.' and later on, 'You're just like her too,' and right then I became a replacement for this Isabela. And it hurt, it really hurt a lot.

I fell onto my bed and sobbed onto the pillow; Steph was very concerned and walked over and sat down next to me on the bed and placed a hand on my back and I hate to admit it, but it didn't make me feel any better. Because right then and there I knew that I actually loved Calum, even though I had only knew him twenty-one days. And what stung the most was he was still in love with his dead girlfriend.

☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹

I ACTUALLY CRIED WHILE WRITING THIS WHOOPSIES

THIS IS ALSO VERY IMPORTANT PLS READ: ok so i've already planned two spinoffs for this story (cheers) (clinks glasses) (soz for that continuing on now) and i need your opinion kids

i could post one before this story's over; the other one will have to wait until this is finished. but anyway, do you want me to post the first spinoff like soon??? i already have like two and a half chapters written weee

pls i need your opinions thank u ily
& keep in mind even if a lot of you want me to post i still might post it for awhile sOZ
i just have A LOT of stories so ya but just leave ur opinions in the comments heY ya

and here's special message from moi:
i love u all so much, ur all my lil sunshines / cupcakes and u make me happy and ur very very cute and i just love u all lots!!! never forget that!!