27. More Annoying

"I wish I didn't have to leave," I sigh as the last box is placed in the truck.

"You think we want you to leave?!" Clove shouts.

"Eh, you've been getting more annoying, so I'm okay," Robbie jokes.

"I'm seriously going to miss you guys," I say, wrapping them in a hug.

"We'll miss you the most," Robbie says sincerely.

"Although your boyfriend might be close," Clove whispers in my ear. I chuckle lightly. "But we'll miss you the most, as Robbie said."

"Visit!" I shout before I walk over to Daniel. "Hey," I say, softening my tone.

"This sucks," he says with a dry chuckle.

"I know," I say sadly. "I literally just met you."

"It seems like yesterday when we picked up the same headphones," Daniel says, smiling lightly. "I still remember it crisply."

"Crisply? What is this chicken?" I ask, joking around.

"I will seriously miss you so fucking much," he says after he laughs for a moment. "This isn't goodbye, just until next time. I'm not great with goodbyes."

"Neither am I," I mutter. "Until next time."

"Adieu, Future-Mrs. Seavey," Daniel calls after me.

"Keep on dreaming!" I say back with a chuckle. This isn't an end. This is only the beginning. It's only the beginning of the rest of my life. Of all the opportunities.

It's the beginning of my dreams.