25. I Know

"I know that you'll be leaving soon, so I felt the need to say this," Daniel says, turning towards me. "You're a pretty dope person, if I do say so myself. And it has been a pleasure being in your presence all this time."

"Why thank you, Dan Darling. But I'm not leaving, yet," I say wistfully. "Just a couple weeks left."

"Well, then, we'll spend those weeks getting to know each other more," he says with a gleeful smile. "Hi, I'm Daniel Seavey. I'm 19, in a band, and I like watermelons. Who are you?"

"I'm Alexandria Rhodes. I'm 18, I love chocolate, and I might have a section of that love for the blue-eyed kid in front of me," I say with a chuckle. He looks around for a moment as if searching for some other blue-eyed kid. "It's you."

"Well, I understand the loving me part, but not the loving chocolate part," Daniel says with fake thoughtfulness. "We'll have to discuss that if this relationship is to continue."

"Oh shut up,"I say, giggling and hitting his shoulder.

"Okay," he says, pecking me on the forehead. God, this is the life I could've had. Just a glimpse of the happiness that I could've gotten if I had just picked the right headphones a little earlier with the same guy.