15

Yara
Friday

"Really Yara? Eat with some class girl

"Really Yara? Eat with some class girl." My mom said as she snapped my pic.

"Why are you capturing me in my natural habitat?" I said.

"That's exactly where you're at. Your natural element of the zoo. You eating like I don't feed you." She joked.

"Well...." I started to say.

"Don't get cute little girl." She said. I laughed and finished eating.

"Don't get mad when I post this on Instagram." She said as she stared at me.

"Don't worry, I'll post it myself." I continued to eat, getting sauce all over my mouth while my mother shook her head.

"So the reason why I brought you to lunch is because I wanna know if you want to see your father this weekend?" She said.

"You mean Adam?" I said.

"Yeah. It's been a minute since that phone call and we haven't really spoke about it so tell me your thoughts." I placed my fork down and put my hand underneath my chin.

"I would like to see him."

~~~~

I got dressed in a jean dress and paired it with my favorite Tory Burch flats, and took my scarf off from my braids

I got dressed in a jean dress and paired it with my favorite Tory Burch flats, and took my scarf off from my braids. I stood in my mirror and gave myself a once over before I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in."

"Hey baby. Adam should be pulling up in a few." My mom said. She touched my hair softly as she stood behind me in the mirror.

"Are you nervous?" She asked. I nodded my head.

"Don't be. Just ask him whatever you want and take it from there. You can choose to have a relationship with him or keep it at a distance. Just know you have family here that loves you and supports whatever decision you make." I turned around and hugged her.

"What? Yara willingly giving me affection! I need to document this day." She joked. She gave me a warm hug back and we just stayed like that. It felt nice.