8

Months later

Beyoncé

I finally reached the nine month mark of my pregnancy and the baby could come at any moment. I'm actually a week overdue & I'm impatiently waiting for my water to break. We purposely chose not to know if we're having a boy or girl yet, and I think that's why I'm so anxious.

Shawn is helping me get dressed to go see my doctor. I may or may not get induced tonight.

"Yara! Can you go and take my bag downstairs please." I said. She picked up the duffle bag, which wasn't that heavy, and left the room.

"Bey, which shoes are you wearing?" Shawn asked.

"I want those black Nike's and can you-OUCH!" I yelped in pain and I held onto my stomach. I got up from bed and the sheets were soaking wet.

"Babe. My water broke so we gotta hurry." I said. Shawn rushed over to me and helped me with my shoes. He also called the doctor as we headed down the stairs. With Yara in tow, we drove to the hospital.

6 hours later...

Shawn

"And here's your healthy baby boy Mom and Dad!" The doctor said as he passed our son to Bey. I cut the umbilical cord and helped wipe him off. It was just us in the room, since our family had to wait in a different area from us. All I could do was stare at him.

Wow, a son.

"Bey this is the best gift you could've ever given me." I kissed her multiple times, and she finally passed me my boy. He's so tiny compared to my arms, and what's crazy is he's already mad chill.

"What should we name him?" Beyonce asked.

"Let's call him Corey Langston Carter."

1 month later
Shawn's POV

It's been one month with the baby and things are good, for the most part. Beyoncé went to visit her mom with the baby, so it's just me and Yara at the house now.

I decided to talk to my best friend TyTy on the phone because there is something that's going on with Beyonce.

"Ever since we brought Corey back from the hospital, it seems as if Beyonce totally forgot about Yara." I told TyTy.

"Quit lying, man. How Beyoncé gonna forget a WHOLE child." He said laughing.

"You laughing but I'm serious. She's not doing her hair or helping with her homework or anything. I mean, Yara never needed us to help her with homework but still. Bey is only focused on Corey, and I get that he's a newborn but she just can't neglect her firstborn like this." I said.

"Well you sound pretty serious about this. Do you think she has baby blues or postpartum?" He asked.

"The fact that you even know those terms is tripping me out but I think postpartum." I said.

"Whatever nigga. I got 3 kids and it didn't happen to us the first two kids, but it hit us hard on the last one. Just talk to Bey about it to see if she notices what you do, and then go to the doctor." He said.

"Aight man. Listen I gotta go but I'll check back with you."

"Aight."

I hung up the phone and headed to Yara's room to ask her some questions to see what she's thinking. She was watching TV, which is weird because she hardly uses it.

"Hey YarYar. What's going on?" I asked. She barely glanced my way and kept her eyes glued to the TV. I took the remote from her and turned it off. She slowly looked my way.

"You know if something is bothering you, you can always talk to me about it." I said.

She looked like she didn't believe me for a minute.

"I don't want Mommy to be mad at me." She said softly.

"She's not going to be mad at you. Tell me what's bothering you?" I said.

"Mommy hates me and I don't know how to fix it." She said.

"Why would you think she hates you?"

"She never plays with me anymore and when I ask her something she tells me to figure it out or ask you. She only loves Corey now." She said. That broke my heart cause now Yara can sense something is off about her too.

"I think your Mommy just needs time to balance caring for Corey since he's such a small baby and also making sure she has fun with you. Don't ever think that she hates you because that's not true. She's going to get better." I said. She did not believe one word I just said.

"Can I go to Godmommy's house?" Yara asked after awhile. I had turned the TV back on and was getting caught up on whatever Disney show we were watching.

"You mean Jennifer?" I asked. It's been a minute since she came around. Jennifer be filming movies and whatnot.

"Yeah! She's always fun and I wanna go sleep over at her house." She said.

"Alright YarYar. I'll call her and see when y'all can hang out. Remember what I said about your Mom though. She loves you very much." I said.

"Okay." I closed her door and went to figure out what I'm about to order from takeout. Cooking is not my style. I also gotta have a serious talk with Beyoncé, and depending on where she's at mentally, it can either go great or horribly.

********COMMENT, VOTE*******