Chapter Fourteen

"I still can't believe you made a giant paper lion for the Gryffindor team," Darian sulked.

"Darian that was over two weeks ago, let it go," Zinnia sighed.

Darian still looked a little sulky to Anna's amusement. Charlie Weasley had loved the paper lion she had made, when she asked if he wanted it to be a bit smaller he quickly reassured her that it was a perfect size. The two had gotten along very well, with Charlie naming the lion King. The rest of the Gryffindor team had loved King as well, Alicia, Fred, and George thanked her in person.

King mostly spent his days wandering around the grounds of the castle or playing with his favourite students. He had a habit of knocking Anna over whenever he saw her, a little too enthusiastic to show his happiness at seeing her. It never failed to amuse Darian and Zinnia.

Although the Gryffindor quidditch team had been happy with her, Darian had not. He was very loyal to the Hufflepuff quidditch team and said that she had betrayed them. Even now he was still not entirely over it.

"Come on Dare, it's not that bad. I made Bazza for Hufflepuff," Anna said.

"But Bazza doesn't leave the Common Room, unlike that lion, bouncing around where everyone can see him."

"I'll make sure I bring Bazza out for all the Hufflepuff quidditch games, okay? He does seem to enjoy them."

Darian nodded his head once quickly. After that he seemed to be in a better mood and they continued chatting.

"Hey, guess what?" Darian asked, with an excited grin on his face.

"You're secretly a fairy," Anna deadpanned.

"You've decided to become a singer," Zinnia added.

"Or a quidditch player."

"You've got a crush on someone."

Darian looked at the too in astonishment, "I am not that dramatic."

They both gave him pointed looks before Anna asked, "well were we wrong?"

"...No, I do have a crush on someone," Darian admitted sheepishly.

Zinnia smirked, "Knew it. So, who is it?"

Zinnia bounced on her seat in excitement, looking at Darian eagerly. Anna could feel their happiness radiating off them and it amused her. Zinnia shuffled to the edge of her seat.

"Well..."

"If you don't tell Zinni soon I think she's going to explode," Anna teased.

"I might have a crush on... Tonks."

"Nymphadora Tonks?" Zinnia asked, and Darian nodded. Surprisingly Anna had talked to Tonks a few times. She was a seventh year Hufflepuff, who had made a habit of tripping over Bazza when she was in the Common Room. More than once Anna had rushed over to see if they were both okay, Tonks had been fascinated when she found out that Anna was the one to make the paper animals. She had been very talkative, Anna was grateful for this since she preferred to listen.

"Aww how cute," she cooed to Darian.

"Do you always have to tease us Anna?" Darian asked with a blush.

"I don't tease you that much."

"You tease Zinnia and you teased me last year when I told you I had a crush on Arthur from Ravenclaw. You wait Anna, we'll get you back one day," Darian grinned at her.

"I don't tease you, I'm just very happy for you. I'm being a supportive friend."

"Whatever you say Anna."

"I'm going to miss you two bickering over the holidays," Zinnia told them.

"We'll have to met up often, I don't want this train ride to be the last time I see the both of you before we go back to Hogwarts," Darian told them both sternly.

"Yeah, I need more opportunities to teas- I mean to encourage Darian with his adorable crush," Anna smirked in Darian's direction.

"Okay, let's not start that argument again," Zinnia quickly jumped in before Darian could reply, "we're nearly there and I don't want to spend the rest of the train ride listening to you two argue."

The rest of the train ride was like any other, a few of Darian's friends even came in to wish him a good holiday. Anna was relieved when they got to the station, she was just about ready to collapse into bed.

When they got off the train Anna and Darian (with Merlin on his shoulder as usual) said goodbye to Zinnia, her mother and brother would be waiting in the car for her. Anna and Darian looked for their parents through a thick crowd of people. They had just started discussing whether one of them should get on the other shoulders, combining their height to see over the heads of the other students when Anna spotted her Mum, and luckily Darian's parents were with her.

Darian's parents had adopted him when he was very young, they couldn't have children, so they were overjoyed when they got Darian. They adored and spoilt the little boy. Darian absolutely loved them. His birth parents had been killed by death eaters during the First Wizarding War, for standing against you-know-who, leaving little Darian as an orphan.

Darian's adoptive mother was a half-blood Hufflepuff and his father was a muggleborn Gryffindor, both were very kind-hearted. What happened to Darian's birth parents had influenced him into wanting to become an Auror, not wanting other good people to die because of some people's prejudice and ignorance.

They made their way over to them and were greeted warmly. Anna's Mum swept her up into a strong hug and telling Anna how much she missed her.

"I missed you too Mum, it's been boring without you around. Where's Dad?"

"You know how he gets. I left him at home to avoid a scene," her mother released her and looked at her seriously, "you haven't had any more detention I don't know about?"

"Don't be too harsh Mavis, from what I've heard that Professor Snape sounds like an unfair git," Darian's mother said, giving Anna a smile which she returned.

Darian looked at her, "you have absolutely no idea."