Chapter Seven

Anna sat with Zinnia in the quidditch stands, there weren't many other people watching. They were all friends of the people trying out and also all Gryffindors which led the two Hufflepuffs to feel a little out of place. The Gryffindor Quidditch Captain, Charlie Weasley, had cast them a suspicious glace but didn't really seem too bothered by them being there.

"How long is this going to take?" Anna asked Zinnia.

"Not sure, why?" Zinnia asked.

"I just don't want to late for detention, I'll probably get another one if I am."

Zinnia hummed in agreement as the trials started. The team already consisted of a Seeker (Charlie Weasley), a keeper (Oliver Wood), and two chasers (Angus Walter and Diantha Philips) so the tryouts were for two beaters and a chaser.

Two first years had tried out, but it was obvious by how inexperienced that they were that they weren't meant to be there, even Anna wasn't that bad. Charlie sent them off the pitch while shaking his head, the two first years looked very proud of themselves.

The trials continued, and the number of people started to dwindle, one was even sent to the hospital wing after he crashed into the goal post. It was safe to say that he would not be on the team. Anna got slightly bored after watching what felt like the hundredth person try to get a goal and fail, watching tryouts was not nearly as fun as watching a real game. It wasn't even as fun as watching practice.

Anna got her spare paper from her pocket and started to make paper planes. It was rather amusing to throw them into the seating area below her. After a while Zinnia started to join in as well, having contests to see who could throw theirs further without it going onto the pitch.

They stopped for a while when it was Alicia's turn to tryout, she did quite well and they both hoped she had done enough to become the third chaser on the team. After they got back to their paper plane throwing, with it being Anna's turn, Zinnia had managed to get it a few rows from the pitch. Anna bit her lip in concentration as she prepared to throw her plane.

She threw it. And it was a fantastic throw. Until the breeze blew it off course. Very far off course, right onto the pitch and into the middle of the tryouts. The paper plane lazily flew over the field and Anna wished it would just fall to the ground already, but it seemed like it was more than happy to soar over the quidditch pitch.

Right into Oliver Wood's face.

Anna was horrified. Zinnia was amused. They watched as he grabbed the paper plane and looked at it for a few seconds before tossing it aside and glancing over at them, having noticed them making them before.

Instantly Zinnia pointed at Anna who could only turn bright red from embarrassment. She sunk so far down into her chair that she was practically halfway to the floor and Oliver could no longer see her. He was distracted a few seconds later by someone trying to get a goal. Anna had taken to sitting on the floor and was no longer watching the tryouts.

"Are you going to stay on the floor for the rest of the tryouts?" Zinnia asked.

"Yes."

"It doesn't look very comfortable."

"It isn't," Anna replied as she shifted about.

"It isn't that bad. He doesn't even care."

"I'm never going to be able to look him in the eye."

"Considering you've never spoken to him before I doubt you would've been able to look him in the eye anyway," Zinnia teased.

"That's not helping Zinni."

Zinnia watched the rest of her trials while Anna refused to get back into her seat.

"Oi, you can get up now, they're finished," Zinnia told her while poking her.

"Oh good, I thought they'd never finish." Anna stood up and stretched, before her and Zinnia made there way down to meet with Alicia to see if she got in.

"I got in as a reserve Chaser," Alicia told them when they found her. Anna could tell that she was happy about this but also a little disappointed, "I was hoping that I would get to be a Chaser this time."

"You're closer then you were last year. Reserve doesn't sound bad and I bet you'll get in next year. The other two Chaser are in their last year, so you'll have a good chance of getting in then," Zinnia reassured her.

"Thanks for coming to watch me, I'm sure there were other things that you'd rather be doing," Alicia said.

"No, we didn't have anything planned. Anna's just miserable about her detention this afternoon."

Before Anna could whine about Zinnia reminding her about the horrible afternoon she was going to have she was interrupted.

"Detention? This afternoon?" Someone said.

"We have detention this afternoon too!" Said another nearly identical voice brightly.

Anna turned around and was met with two identical red heads. She knew they were the Weasley twins, but she didn't know their names. She had only ever had them be referred to as Mr Weasley and Mr Weasley by the teacher when she had over heard them being told off once or twice last year.

"Fred Weasley."

"George Weasley."

They both introduced themselves, shaking her hand one after the other. Anna was a little frazzled at the unexpectedness of meeting new people and the suddenness that they announced themselves with, but she tried to pull herself together.

"Oh, I'm Anna... Anna Elwyn."

"It was nice meeting you, detention buddy."

"See you soon."

They whisked past her and she was left standing in shock. She turned to Zinnia and Alicia who both looked very amused, "what just happened?"

"You just got company for your detention. That's good right? Better then spending it alone," Zinnia said.

"Yay," Anna replied with the least amount of enthusiasm as she could muster.