"Oh my god." Her voice dropped. "oh my actual fucking god."

     "Yup." I nodded, just as Taylor found her way back to us. "Where have you been?"

     "Grabbing us these." My friend placed a few sparklers before me as I refaced Demi, only to find out she had already been making a straight line towards the small enclosed gate in the back.

     "I think she's glad we woke her." I followed after the brunette as Taylor tagged along. Demi was already clutching the tiny creature in her arms with a smile plastered across her face. She couldn't stop mumbling oh my god to herself as the animal clutched her hair. "It's almost time to greet the sun." I waved the unlit sparklers around in the air.

     "It's so soft." Demi brought her teeth against her bottom lip, trying to hold back the smile that wouldn't stop taking a place among her face. "It's like a lovable little puppy."

     "You're lucky Selena and I found out about this party or you could have missed out." Taylor mentioned. Before either of us could continue speaking, the music in the home went off one last time, just as everyone began to file out into the yard. The once roomy space filled with people as everyone slowly began to light their sparklers. The animals were all in their gated areas, just looking on as the dimly lit yard turned into a flickering white light of sparks.

     "Come on, let's greet the sun." Taylor dashed past me as Demi slowly released the koala to its handler.

     "I'm in love." The brunette replied, taking one last glance at the animal as it clutched onto the man who was tending to it.

     "Good to know." I placed two sparklers in front of Demi as she studied the silver covered stick. We made our way into the crowd of people, following suit in lighting the gray tips as they began to hiss and burn. The sparks which flew from them lit up the yard as everyone began snapping photos or talking amongst themselves. The sky had already began to turn into a powdered shade of blue, as the sun hid behind buildings in the far distance. Just as I readied myself to snap a photo, we were greeted by a soft laugh.

     "So ladies, did you enjoy the night?" An arm wrapped around my shoulder as we both faced the woman.

     "Well first I'm appalled that you hadn't invited me. Secondly, you have a Koala." Demi's eyes lit up as Katy chuckled.

     "I didn't invite anyone. It kind of turned into this once my annoying neighbor began throwing some loud banger at his place." The woman clarified. "He wouldn't listen to me when I issued a noise complaint, so I fought fire with fire. His little party couldn't compete with an animal uprising."

     "Um, you know that means...." Demi began.

     "I know what it means. It's a metaphor for us humans acting like animals. I just had to bring in the entire zoo to make a statement." Katy waved her hand across the crowd of people before signaling towards the small gates that were set up in the distance. "We're bringing in the new day with all that we've got. Lights, noise, screeching...whatever it takes to send a message to that little child-man."

     "Child-man?" I questioned as Demi wondered as well. Her eyebrow raising as Katy pulled away from us.

     "That Bieber kid. He thinks he can just move into my neighborhood and act like an ass. Well, the entire community is on my side to get him out of here." The woman gave us a wink before moving on to the next group of people.

     "I want to be that level of petty." Demi smirked just as people began to file out of the yard and head home for the day. The place quickly grew spacious and quiet. Taylor wandered over towards us, smiling and giggling.