... Till Dawn

~ Selena ~

     Taylor and I were on edge as Demi continued to glance over at us as she allowed my friend to drive. The night was drawing to a close and yet we were on the road back to Beverly Hills. The day had been spent just talking for hours with Taylor and doing a few things here and there. I would miss her for the time she was on tour, but for the hours we had left together, I hadn't wanted to waste them.

     "How much further?" Demi's groggy voice filled the air as I leaned forward against her seat.

     "I thought you were a party animal." I teased as she turned to face me. Just a while ago in her home she tossed on a top and some jeans before plastering a questionable look on her face.

     "Am I being taken some place to be sacrificed?" The woman asked, her nose just inches away from my mine.

     "Morbid much." I smirked, pressing my lips against her skin before studying the scenery, or at least what I could make of it. Moments later we had arrived at our destination. Music could be heard thumping through the night as people flashed by here and there. A large neon sign had been placed in the yard out front as Taylor turned around to face me.

     "Let's do this." My friend happily squealed before crawling from the vehicle. Demi had only noticed the commotion outside the second my friend slammed the door.

     "Who's party is this?" Her questioning voice filled the space.

     "I don't know." I smirked, following Taylor's move as Demi did the same. There were other people we knew mingling among the massive crowd at such a time in the day. Everyone was dressed casual, toting around blinking lights, sparklers and even booze. My eyes instantly went to Demi's as she and I made it towards the front of the house where everyone seemed to have been heading. Once inside, the music faded as an announcement was made. The familiar voice which filled the speakers caused the brunette at my side to face me, her once tired demeanor changing.

     "I thought you said this was some party you just happened to come by." Demi faced me.

     "No, that was one of the earlier ones." I admit.

     "And how did you find this one?"

     "I followed the crowds." My smile was genuine as the lights flicked off and everyone began holding up their blinking objects. The room began to glow in a multicolored fashion as the music was cranked all the way up. The large home began to thump once more, the floor and people becoming one as laughter and singing began to fill the air. I could hardly hear myself think as everyone began pushing forward. Demi had instinctively grabbed my hand, although seeing her was a difficult task. The party turned into a rave like situation during the early morning as everyone began shouting and screaming with joy. It took a while for anyone to say a word to another just by the sheer cacophony of noise. The second we stepped out into the backyard, which had to be thirty minutes after arriving, Demi finally noticed why Taylor and I brought her here.

     "Does she seriously have an entire zoo in her backyard?" The woman rose her eyebrow as she faced me.

     "I mean..." I shrugged with a smile on my face.

     "Is that a giraffe?" Demi questioned, stepping down towards the ground as I followed. "Who the hell has a giraffe?"

     "I'm sure it's like a rented one."

     "That's a fucking chimpanzee, does P.E.T.A know about this?"

     "The animals are fine." I reassured the woman. "Besides, look." I quickly rose my phone up in my fingers to capture the exact moment Demi's gaze began to glaze over. Her excitement had killed off any sleep that still wanted to take over her body. Although the sky was slowly shifting, turning night into day, there was still time to witness the slightly more active Koala.