"Hmmmhmmm" I hum as he runs his hands down my arms and grabs my hands in his.

"So seriously what brings you by?"

"We need to go see momma"

Shaking my head "No we don't, there is nothing I need to say to her"

"It's not about her, it's about Gianna"

"Okay, different person same response, I have nothing to say to her either"

"She's sick" he says quietly as he rubs my hands.

"Well the flu has been going around tell her to keep her fluids up and get some rest"

"No Rae, in the hospital sick, I called and verified for myself" he says as I lean my head back and close my eyes.

"You know I wasn't taking her word for it"

"Uggggghhhhhhh" I say as I shake my body and have a mild temper tantrum. "Fine, but Im only giving them an hour of my time because lets be real if it was me neither one of them would lift a finger to even call and check up on me" I say as he nods his head in total agreement.

"True, but you know daddy raised us better than that" he says as he slowly smiles at me and I narrow my eyes in response.

Grabbing my purse, off my desk and heading out the door "One hour that's all they get Landon"

"Got it, one hour" he says as we walk out my office and exit the building.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Stopping at the front desk for the hospital to get directions to her room, Landon and I both stopped and smiled politely at the nurse. Hearing the ruckus from down the hall we both apologized purfusely for whatever offenses she had already committed and any additional infractions she would surely commit in the future before following the ole bullhorn we had grown accustomed to during our childhood. Following the voice down the hall we were about 2 rooms away when we saw what looked to be a distracted and exhausted looking Gianna being wheeled out of the room and down the hall.

Growing closer to her room the loud and aggressive sound of our mother berating what looked to be the nurse as she quickly backed out of the room and halled ass down the hall greeted us at the door.

Poor girl didn't even look old enough to be a candy striper. If she was on the fence about going into the nursing field before I'm sure this incident with my mother has made the decision for her.

"Lord have mercy" Landon mumbles as we both shake our heads and walk in the room to find momma angrily pacing the room and mumbling underneath her breath.

"Why are you yelling at her?" he asked, his irritation immediately on display.

Slightly turning her head to see who just entered the room, our mother pauses and looks at both my brother and I before standing up and crossing her arms across her chest.

Here we go.....

"Well it's about time, I've been calling you both since last night!" she says as she looks unimpressed with our late arrival.

"And don't worry about why I was yelling at that little knitwit! Got some damn Intern drawing my babies' blood, bruising up her arm and shit. She doesn't have enough blood to give for this little girl to be wasting the samples! This was supposed to be the best hospital in all of Tampa yet they have some Intern attending to my baby....the nerve" she finished in all out rant mode.

Landon looks at me and shakes his head. Neither one of us are really in the mood for her foolishness.

"We're here now so what's going on?" he asks emotionlessly as we both stand with our backs pressed along the closest wall to the door.