Best Friend

i'm going to be gone all week, and then i'm going to the beach for a week, so i honestly don't know when i'll have time to write. i'll probably have a chapter up by the second week of july so expect that! 

thanks so much for the votes and comments! you guys are awesome :) x

If there was one thing I was sure of, it was that Porter was a great boyfriend. 

He would visit me at work, he would come and cuddle and watch movies with me at the apartment, and we would go for walks and just talk. it was everything I looked forward to and more - I loved spending time with him and calling him mine. 

We were currently sitting on the roof of his apartment, talking about random shit from summer plans to his new release, Lionhearted.

"I might be visiting my parents in August," he said. "Which is around when my album drops." He respositioned himself on one of the chairs that somehow found its way up here, then focused his attention on me. "What do you want to do this summer?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. I don't really have plans. Haven't we talked about this before?" The sun beated down on my legs splayed out in front of me, the heat circulating through my skin.

"Probably," he admitted, scooting closer to me and grabbing my hand in his. Mine were sweaty from the unbearable heat outside (you would think it would be cooler in the north, but I guess June in New York on a roof isn't exactly a comfortable temperature), but he didn't seem to mind. "I just want to do whatever you want to do."

I rolled my eyes, wiping my other hand on my shorts. "Don't say that. Choose what you want to do and not what I want. We're different people and we don't have to do the same things."

He moved farther away, raising his eyebrows and grinning. "Someone's a lot smarter than me. I apologize. I'll let you do whatever you want to and I'll leave you alone." He started to get up before I yanked him by the hand and pulled him back down to me.

"That's not what I meant," I stuck out my tongue at him. 

"I take it back. Your ounce of philosophical intelligence just disintegrated."

"Stop it with the big words," I said, resting my head on his chest. He sighed and ran his fingers through my thick and unruly hair, without saying a word on how awful I thought it looked today. He always thought I was pretty regardless of my opinion of myself. It made me blush when he pointed out things like that to me, I was awful at accepting compliments. 

"Honestly," I began, "You just finish up your album and I'll work and we can hang out in the meantime and just chill. Go to the beach and stuff. Normal summer things. Have you spent a summer in New York yet?" 

He shook his head. "I've only come here for the Hamptons before getting here in January. And that was only on the occasional summer."

"Well," I said, "You have a lot to see."

"Like what?" He said, his fingers brushing against my cheek. I bit my lip as his touch lingered.

"Coney Island." I racked my brain for other things that Tess and I had done last summer. "Going in those boats in Central Park. Thats a big one. All the couples do that."

"Romantic," Porter said, flicking me on the nose. I reached up and flicked him on the nose back, and he flinched, laughing at my reaction.

"Orrr we could go see the Statue of Liberty on the ferry. I only did that once when I first got here, and it was really amazing."

He pondered for a moment, looking off into space and considering it. "I actually really want to see that. Can you take me sometime?" 

I smiled, grabbing his hand in mine, letting our fingers fit together. "I'd love to."