[21] Mr. Player Comforts The Good Girl

Chapter 21

It took me a second to realise just what I was doing. My lips were against Dylan's. I'd done it again. I was kissing Dylan. At least I'd tried to. At least it was what I initially wanted to.

But like the idiot I am, I realised my mistake a little too late. I realised it when the damage was already done.

When my lips came in contact with Dylan's, he was momentarily surprised. He had clearly not expected it. Maybe him leaning towards me did NOT mean him wanting to kiss me.

Oh well, I'd already done the forbidden.

Our lips touched for a second, but then I backed off. My eyes widened in realisation as what I'd done just now sunk in. I gasped. I jumped off Dylan's arms and ran away.

Yup! You heard it right, I ran. I freakin' ran away as if my pants were on fire. Though the situation was as serious as if my pants would have actually been on fire.

I ran. Shit! I felt so embarassed. This was so embarrasing! I'd told Dylan I didn't want to be around him and made it a point to act like a stranger around him. And now what? I kissed him! At least I tried to! Wasn't it enough? I'd just dropped my I-dont-give-a-damn-about-you facade and tried to kiss him! How can I be so stupid?

I went inside the girls washroom. I massaged my temples as I stood there in silence. What the heck?! I can't go back there now. It'll be so humilating when Dylan would smirk at me and be all "Hah! Strangers don't act like you just did! Oh wait, maybe they do since its me we're talking about here. But still Alex, throwing yourself at me?"

I groaned. Damn it! Why couldn't the floor open up and swallow me as whole?

"Alex?" I heard a knock on the washroom door and then Dylan's voice.

"Crap!" I muttered.

I decided to ignore him. Maybe if I didn't reply he'll think I've gone or am not here.

"I know you're in there!" He said almost instantly.

"Who is this? Are you a boy?" I said in a high-pitched sickly sweet barbie voice. "Don't come in here! I'm uh...fixing my bra!" I almost slapped myself. Right! How intelligent of you Alex!

"Alex I know its you, come out!"

"I don't know what you're talking about..." I said in the same shrill voice.

"Fine, be difficult, I'm coming inside!" I heard the sound of the door opening.

I panicked. Talking to Dylan outside is much better than talking to him in here and getting caught by someone.

"Uh...don't come in! Wait, I coming out."

I took in long yoga fire breaths and got ready to confront Dylan. Why was he here anyway? Did he want to annoy me or tease me about kissing him? If he was here for that, I was screwed.

I opened the washroom door and stepped out. Instantly, I felt myself pushed up against the wall in the hallway.

"What the--! What do you want? Why are you here anyway?!"

"I'm here to finish what you left off back there"

I didn't know what to say. I was speechless. He was here not to taunt me but kiss me? I felt my cheeks heating up. But I ignored it as I mustered up my best glare and looked straight into his eyes. Bad idea! They were staring so intensely into mine, I forgot to breathe.

"Wh-what?"

"Shh..."he pressed his finger onto my lips. "Alex, you can't just start of something like that and leave. I've been controling myself all this time. Ever since you decided we should treat each other as strangers, I've been trying my best to control myself. But now, with what you just did back there, do you think I can stop myself anymore?"