20.Powerful

Eventually, when we finally arrive in King's Landing after several weeks, we have already scheduled a meeting with Queen Cersei.

I go with the others by foot while Daenerys stays behind, being the plan to come later with Drogon as a demonstration of power.

It felt nice feeling the sun once again in my skin and thankfully no had yet come to talk to me which I appreciated. What bothered me the most was the fact that I had to come in the front meaning that I have all the stares coming my way, even if I don't see them, I feel them.

I keep a strong posture ignoring that fact which would have made my father quite proud. After all, I'm becoming the well-behaved lady that he always wanted to have as a daughter and never had.

Suddenly I feel someone coming which makes my body tense for a moment until I notice that it's Tyrion.

"Ready to meet my dear sister?" He asks with irony making me smile a little.

"Is she as dear as everyone has been telling me?" I also ask ironically making him also smile.

"Oh, much better in person. Believe me, I know. You cannot really appreciate such dearness until you meet her face-to-face."

I only nod silently with a smile, probably my first smile in a very long time.

"You should smile more you know." Tyrion suddenly says making me look towards him. "Not because of me of course, but I see many mouths drop as soon as that curve in your lip appears."

"Do you think I care what these men think about me or my smile?" I ask as ironically as he making him laugh.

"Of course not, how would I ever think such a thing?" He also asks in an ironic tone and then continued to talk but more seriously and in a much lower voice. "I'm saying this because you deserve that smile. You are young, beautiful, with a dragon at your command and a name that even though many don't remember anymore, carries a great power and antiquity with it. Don't ever forget that."

I nod silently thinking about his words. What good is being beautiful and young if you don't have anyone by your side that carries more about who you really are than your appearance?

I continue to walk and Tyrion continues to walk by my side and some soldiers while the others follow. Soon enough we see the building which is now more an ancient ruin than anything else.  Still, it carries great history with it, a story that my ancestors mocked.

"Locking dragons!" My father used to tell me and my brother with a laugh. "Targaryens were nothing but fools, weak fools. And that was their ruin. Ever since that moment, they were doomed to eventually fall from that throne and loose the power that they fought so hard to get. They never deserved it and that is one of the proves of it."

I lock those memories away as we continue our way and another person appears from the back.

"My Lady, I present you Sir Podrick. He... insisted on being presented." Tyrion says uncomfortably and so I face the young looking man with dark and short hair and round face.

"Sir Podrick, Lady Rhaenys Lyryen." Tyrion continues uncomfortably making me almost laugh but I contain myself with only a smile.

"Not a Lady but... It's a pleasure." I say and even though I don't give him my hand he takes it awkwardly and kisses it while bowing which makes me stop from walking for a while.

As soon as I look back I noticed that everyone had stopped, including the soldiers and are now looking at me. As soon I see Jon I quickly turn away once again and continue to walk.

"I'm sorry..."

"It's ok." I quickly say to Podrick and after a moment of very awkward silence, he continues.

"Lord Tyrion told me you descend from a very important family from Old Valyria! Even more important than the Targaryens."

I simply look at Tyrion with a confused and also accusing look.

"I..."

As soon as I try to answer another man also appears, this one much older and with blue eyes.

"Sir Bronn." He says also kissing my hand.

"Could you please stop kissing that Lady's hand, so we can continue our way?" The very tall and large man with a scar on his face says. I already heard about him, he fought beyond the wall with Jon, Sandor Clegane.

I quickly start walking again embarrassed by the whole situation and soon we enter the building. As we do so, the Lannister soldiers that had joined us previously, go to the right as we all and the Dothraki soldiers that came with us, got more to the left and up to the place of the meeting with already some chairs placed and ready.

We quickly notice how the Lannister soldiers positioned themselves all around us and so I got closer to Missandei as I notice Podrick and Sir Bronn leaving.

Not much time passed when Cersei came with even more Lannister soldiers by her side with very distinctive black and silver amour. I also recognize a blond man as probably being her and Tyrion's brother: Jamie Lannister, the Kingslayer. My father would have loved to meet him, the man that killed the last Targaryen king. What would he say about me now supporting a Targaryen to the Thrones?

I also recognize another man as being Euron Greyjoy who stares for a long time at Theon on our side and then for a moment at me, trying to be seductive but instead making me sick.

Suddenly Sandor goes closer to the Queen but I quickly realize that it was not Cersei he intended to talk to, but a very tall soldier that stood right beside the whole time and as soon as he saw Sandor, got closer to him as well, blocking his path.

"Remember me?" Sandor asks with a low voice. "Yeah, you do. You're even fucking uglier than I am now. What did they do to you?" No answer again. "Doesn't matter. That's not how it ends for you, brother. You know it's coming for you, you've always known."

He steps back once again. So that soldier is his brother? I can see how they are since they are probably the tallest men present but they didn't seem friendly towards each other at all. He goes down the Pit and I know exactly what for right away.

Cersei looks towards us now all sit, me next to Tyrion to be to Daenerys' right side. Her chair still empty. As soon as she notices me, she locks her gaze.

"I believe we still haven't been introduced." She says with a slow and cunning voice as well as cold eyes and expression.

"Is it really necessary?" I ask also in a low voice and straight posture.

"I'd like to know who I'm facing. Especially when I've already heard so many stories about you in the Battlefield. A strange young woman with great beauty and a Dragon rider but no name, they say." When I don't say a word she continues with a more angry and frustrated tone. "Who are you?"

"Rhaenys Lyryen." Tyrion answers for me.

"Lyryen? Never heard that name."

"It's the name of one of the most powerful families in the Old Valyria." Tyrion answers once again for me and she ironically smiles.

"Powerful? For all I know the most powerful family to survive were the Targaryens. If you survived as well... Where were you hiding all these years? In some dirty hole somewhere?"

"Again, does that really matter?" I ask as I feel myself getting angrier with her tone towards me.

"For me it does. How such a powerful family goes from extinct to having a dragon and then go under the wing of Daenerys Targaryen? Did you have to beg too much just to be her ally?"

"I don't beg. And I'm not under anyone's wing, I chose a side." I say in a strong tone.

"I like her..." Euron Greyjoy suddenly says again with a smile on his face that makes me almost vomit with disgust.

Suddenly I hear Daenerys coming as does everyone but when I look at the sky, I see that is not Daenerys nor Drogon.