Chapter 15: Just A Dream

It was the first time she had laughed in a while.

It was time for Valery to start school again. She didn't dread it as much as she thought she would. She was excited to see Henry and Charlotte. But she wasn't really excited to see Bianca. Jasper wasn't really on her mind because he wasn't in any of her classes except for lunch.
    Valery was laying on her bed doing make up work. She couldn't seem to focus.

        Then Valery woke up. Her alarm seemed to be blasting. Then she rolled out of her bed, exhausted. Why is my alarm going off? Did I fall asleep?  Valery looked out of her window, it was morning. She looked on her bed and she saw her work sprawled out on her bed. I guess I just fell asleep. 

Valery took a shower and put on denim jeans and a black crop top. Then she tied a red flannel around her waist. She then put her hair in a high pony tail. Then she brushed her teeth and put on deodorant. Then she put on a nude pink lipstick and threw on brown sandals.
Valery looked at her phone and it already said it had been 1 hour since she woke up. She felt like her mind was playing tricks on her. She ran downstairs and made a poptart with milk. She quickly ate it and grabbed her book bag. "Aunt Olivia, bye! I'm going to school!" Valery said rushing out of the door.
Valery then started walking down the street. Then she realized it had been an hour and a half since she woke up. When she realized what time it was her eyes popped out of her head in disbelief. Why is the time passing by so fast?
Valery started walking a little fast but she didn't feel like running. Valery then realized a watch on her wrist. It beeped. She jumped as though she thought it might explode. She debated to take it off. But in the end she didn't.
While Valery continued to walk she heard a car sound behind her. But she kept walking. Valery could feel the car right behind her. She continued to walk. The car didn't pass Valery so she knew it was following her. Just drive around me idiot, I can't walk any faster. Valery turned around in anger. But before she could see the truck she felt someone grab her.
It was a man. The man covered her mouth and stuck a needle in her. She was screaming and kicking, trying to escape his grasp. But whatever was in the needle made her legs go wobbly and she felt dizzy. Then her vision got blurry. Valery was screaming in her head but not out loud. Valery couldn't move and she felt hopeless. She wanted to put up a fight but it was clear that if she did she wouldn't win. But she continued to scream in her head. Don't die. Valery said to herself.

     Valery blasted awake. She fell asleep doing her work  30 minutes ago. Her heart was racing and she was sweating. The nightmare made her feel nauseous. She couldn't believe that was a nightmare, it felt so real. She was shaking. She looked at her wrist and didn't see a watch. Just a dream, Valery. Valery said to herself.

     Valery walked to Junk N Stuff and went in through the front door. "Hey Gooch!" Valery said. "Hello!" He said. He was reading a book and looked up. "Watcha reading?" Valery asked looking over at his book. But Valery saw a piece of paper on the inside of the book, but it wasn't a part of the book. He set his book down on the counter and put the paper on top. "Swellview's  Most Wanted list." Gooch said. 

        On the list was Drex, The Toddler, Dr.Minyak, Dirk, and The Three Muchachos. "There is quite a few." Valery said.  "Well, that's why Captain Man is here in Swellview." Ray said walking in. He had a huge smile on his face. Valery felt great because she and Ray were both happy. 

       "What's with Dr.Minyak? He doesn't have a picture." Valery questioned. "That's because he is always getting stuff done to make his face different." Gooch said. "How can you quickly change someone's face?" Valery asked. "Clyiumplific Acid mixed with liquid nitrogen." Schwoz said walking in. "Also, Valery we have something downstairs in the man cave for you." Schwoz said. Valery went down to the man cave with Schwoz and Ray. 

      They went to the man cave by an elevator the plunged to the ground. Valery always screamed her head off when they went down it. She knew there was a tube to get down to the man cave but it required some key and Ray had a key. But Ray wouldn't use the tube because he liked seeing Valery scream. 

      "AHHHHHHH!" Valery screamed clutching on to the elevator's railing."AHH!" Schwoz screamed.  Ray remained still but he was laughing. It quickly got to the man cave and Valery's hair was all messed up. "You're more like a villain than a superhero." Valery said crossing her arms while walking out of the elevator. Schwoz ran to a pillar that had a majestic look to it. There was a watch 3 watches on the pillar. Valery ran up to them. 

    The watches were all red and blue except for one. The one that wasn't red or blue was white. "Which one's mine?" Valery asked. "The white one." Ray said. Then Ray grabbed one of the red and blue ones. Valery grabbed the white one and put it on her wrist. Ray showed Valery what is does. He ran up to his super hero desk and tapped a button. Then the watches started to beep. "What is that for?" Valery asked. "For when there is danger. 1 beep is for there is danger but it is not that big of a threat. 2 beeps are for I need you here quickly. 3 beeps is it is a huge emergency." Ray said.

    Valery caught on. "The third one is for Henry. It's for alerting him when you need him." Valery said. "But it is also for telling you there is danger." Schwoz said. "Why would I need to know there is danger?" Valery questioned. "If Ray and Henry need you, they can contact to you. You might need to fight crime." Schwoz said. Ray looked surprised. "Really?! I get to fight crime!" Valery said excited. "No, no, no, no, you are not fighting crime." Ray said. "Why not? You have powers of indestructibility. I have wings and precognition!" Valery said. Ray thought for a minute and finally said, "Fine, but you need training."