Chapter 9: Uncovered

Wait.. is he Kid Danger? I can't tell him if I think he is, it would blow my cover. He can't find out that I'm Ray's sister. I can't tell him Ray, who is his boss, is my brother. Ray wouldn't let someone who didn't know about his secret identity to work there. He has to be Kid Danger. "Oh really, that's cool. Do they sell junk there?" Valery asked trying to make up for the silence. "Oh WAIT! Of course they sell Junk there it is called Junk N Stuff." I said. I was so embarrassed. I laughed nervously. Henry smiled. We kept on walking.

"Sooo Bianca." Valery said, trying to start up a conversation. I know he likes her. "What about her?" Henry asked. "I don't want to be nosy but you like her don't you?" Valery asked. I know he does, even if he denies it. If he asked me how I know I don't want to tell him about my visions. Even if my wants change, I can't unless I want to put lives at risk.
"Uhhh.... That's kinda personal." Henry said looking away. "I'm sorry. I just felt like you did. I can see it in your eyes." Valery said. Henry looked at Valery in the eyes.

They were so close together but they weren't paying attention to their personal space. Henry was focusing on not letting Valery know about his feeling for Bianca. Valery was focusing on getting the truth out. "It's okay if you like her. We may not get along but.. she might be nice." Valery lied. Liar. Valery thought. Henry's expression changed. He raised up his finger and pointed to her eyes. "Your eyes!" He exclaimed. "What about them?" Valery asked. How DARE he change the subject. "They.. they...changed colors." "What?" Now he is lying. "Seriously... they changed to green to silver." "No they didn't." "Yes they did!" He exclaimed.

Valery and Henry bickered back and forth about the eye color. After a while Valery and Henry exchanged phone numbers so they could text, he also gave her Charlotte's and Jasper's. Valery went home and looked in the mirror. Her eyes were green like normal.

Valery walked to the kitchen and sat on a barstool. Aunt Olivia was making snacks. "How was school?" "Fine" "Make any friends?" "Nope, just hissed at everyone that came near me." Valery said with sarcasm. Of course I made a friend. Aunt Olivia laughed. "Have any homework?" Aunt Olivia asked looking at Valery. Oh no! I have homework from Mrs.Kiltz! I'm going to do it tomorrow. "Nope." Valery lied. Aunt Olivia's expression changed and she lifted up a finger and exclaimed, "Your eyes! They changed colors. Green to Silver!" "Thats the second time!" Valery exclaimed.

Valery was trying to figure out why her eyes changed color. Green to silver. I lied about Bianca might being nice and I lied about having homework! That's it! It was caused by lying! Valery went to go grab her phone from her book bag to call Ray. She called Ray immediately, he would know what was going on! "Hello!" Ray excalimed. "How was school?" Ray asked. "My eyes change colors when I lie." Valery said. She wasn't calling to talk about school. "What?! Come to the man cave now!" Ray said, then Valery heard a boy her age talking. "Hey Ray! Who ya talking to?" "I'm on call Hen" Then the went muffled and she hung up.

Hen could be short for Henry! This confirms my suspicion. I need to go over to the man cave but not right now. It started to get late and she was texting Henry.
Henry: Hey
Me: Hey, you still at work?
Henry:Yeah,my boss was on a call with his sister
Me: Really?! What were they talking about?
Henry: IDEK 😂
Me: 😂
OMG HE IS KID DANGER!!! This JUST PROVES IT!!!