"I know. It's kind of embarrassing to me. Not a lot of people know that I'm a little nerdy."

"That's cute."

I feel a blush creep to my cheeks, heating up the area. Niall and I stand in the water now. It reaches a little over his nipples while it reaches all the way over my shoulders. I didn't realize that I'm this short.

"Blushing makes you look cute", Niall
mocks, pinching my cheek lightly.

"Idiot", I mumble chuckling a bit.

He lets go of my cheek. I smile, as Niall lets himself drift on his back.

"You seem so stressed at at the moment. Just try to relax and just float for a moment", he says.

I do as I am told and let myself float at the water surface, closing my eyes. It's pretty quiet. Niall and I are completely quiet. This is how I want everything to be, calm and quiet.

*****

"Oh my god! You totally snogged that girl at the party!", Mere laughs, as she bumps into Conner's shoulder.

"No, I didn't!", he chuckles, biting into his sandwich, "We just danced and talked. I got her number. She was so chill."

"Dude, you basically had sex when you were dancing. Her skirt was so short I could've sworn her actual vagina touched you", Riley now starts.

I roll my eyes. I'm super tired. I can go home soon. Mr Melroy just wants to talk to Niall and I again after lunch. My AP Senior Physics class got cancelled again because our teacher is sick. Mr Melroy has our results from the competition. He said, if we reach at least second place, we get moved to a nation wide cometition and get to fly to New York together to go to New York to present our project in front of a jury. I'd really love to do that but the costs of us doing the trip would be super high and I don't know, if I can afford that.

"And? Did you actually hear from Cameron again?", Mia now asks, directed to me.

I nod, chewing my food quickly, so I can talk.

"He actually texted me yesterday and made sure we all got home safe. We didn't text a lot, just a bit of random stuff", I answer.

"Who is he anyway?", Niall asks, glaring a bit.

"Mere and I met him in the skate park. He told me I told that guy off pretty well and we just fell into a conversation", I explain.

"How old is he even?", Niall questions, his eyes wandering to Mere now.

"He's 19. Majors in Marine Biology, I think", she tells him.

"Yeah, he's really nice and the flowers he gave me for my birthday were beautiful", I smile, remembering the small bouquet he gave me.

It's currently sitting on my desk in a vase that I also got for my birthday from a really random person at the party. I don't even know why but I got presents such as money and gift card from people I don't even know. Most of the stuff I don't even know when it appeared on the present table we had.

"He was just trying to get in your pants", Wesley chuckles, "But Niall made sure he didn't sleep with you."

I roll my eyes.

"Cameron actually left the party pretty early. I saw him leave with some blind girl", Luke suddenly says.

I catch Niall stopping everything he's doing. Wait, might the blind girl be Julia? And why is Niall so tense all of a sudden?

"Was she blonde?", Niall presses out through clenched teeth.

Luke nods carelessly, biting into his apple. I look at Niall, seeing some form of anger in his eyes.