*****

Mere hands me a really nice pair of black ripped skinny jeans, smiling at me.

"You'd look so good in these", she tells me.

I take them and put them on my arm to the other clothes I really like. I'm looking for an outfit to wear tomorrow. I don't feel like wearing long jeans or something with long sleeves, maybe just a cover-up but nothing too thick and warm. I already picked out some shorts with tassels on the leg but I'm not so sure about them. Riley and Mia went to another store already but Mere and I really enjoy shopping in H&M. We always find stuff here.

"So, was breakfast with everyone awkward for you or were you doing okay?", she asks.

This morning we made pancakes and ate together at the dining table in the kitchen. It wasn't too bad since Niall and I sat pretty far away from each other.

"It was okay, I guess. I mean, you and Jake kept my mind occupied with the discussion, if Justin Bieber or Dylan O'Brien is more attractive. By the way, I have too agree that Dylan is way better looking", I chuckle slightly.

She also laughs a bit. I go through a rack with simple loose tops, finding a white one I actually like. I search for my size and take it with me. I could tie this up on the side to show some skin. I could go with a dark flannel and dark shorts. I have an idea.

"What are you wearing to the party?", I ask Mere, as she pulls out a white dress from a rack.

"Probably this dress with light makeup and some sandals, why?", she says.

"Because I need some inspiration", I admit.

"Well, how about you just be yourself? I already bought some crowns for you and Niall. One says "birthday girl" and the other says "birthday boy". That way you both are recognizable. You don't have to wear something that special. Just be comfortable", she explains.

"Sure, sounds good to me."

"Do you want to go look at some underwear, too? They have really cute bralettes", Mere smiles.

I nod and follow her to the section with underwear. My eyes immediately stay on a black bralette with some strands of fabric crossing in the front. This could look really good under the white top I have in my hand. Mere goes in another direction, looking at normal bras and underwear. I take the bralette in my size and join Mere on her shopping spree.

About three hours later, we're back at the house. The guys are probably still at the skate park, I mean, it's only 3.45pm. I haven't been skating in a while. Maybe I can animate Mere to come with me but I actually really don't want to be around Niall. I throw my shopping bags on my bed, emptying them to set aside my outfit for the party tomorrow. I actually got some black shorts, the black bralette, the white top and a dark blue flannel. I'll just wear black Vans with it and that'll be good enough. Others will out-dress me anyway, especially Mere. She likes to be extra but I love that about her. Mere also unpacks her bought clothes and sorts them.

"Do you think we could go down to the beach with the others? The boys are at the skate park and I thought that we should go skate again", Mere says.

"I was literally thinking the same just minutes ago. Then, let's go and ask the other girls, if they care to join or if they want to go to the beach to tan", I smile.

I quickly get my skateboard from the bottom of my duffle bag. Yes, it fit in there. I slip on my extremely ripped and torn skating Vans and tie my hair up in a ponytail. Mere on the other hand goes to ask the other girls what they want to do. I decide to change my t-shirt to a tank top, so I am more comfortable. We're extremely lucky that it's still so warm here. In Tuscaloosa you always need to wear a jacket. It's extremely annoying.