Chapter 1 Part 2

Day 392.

"Yeah, sorry I was really tired and I just fell asleep," I said speaking into the phone.

Zayden laughed. " Iani, it's fine, really,"

I felt terrible for sleeping right through the night which led to me forgetting to go to Zay's house.

"So now that we are both well rested," he said chuckling into the phone, causing a smile to appear on my cheeks, "What do you wanna do after my shift today?" He asked. I pondered upon the question before answering.

"Can we go to the movies?" I ask. He took longer than expected to answer.

"Sure, I'll text you when I get off work." And with that he hung up the phone.

Ughhh. What was I to do with the rest of my morning?

I got up from my desk and took my glasses off and headed downstairs.

"Well, hello Iani, haven't seen you in a while," Chrissa said from across the room, folding the laundry.

"Hey," I said trying not to make conversation. Chrissa was my stepmother. We haven't really been close, but she's here more often then my actual father is so I guess I have to make due.

I made myself a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats. I sat at the table and checked my phone. A text from Lena came in.

Lena: What are you doing today? - 10:02.

Ugh did I really want to go anywhere right now?

Me: Movies w/ Zay later. We could hang now though. - 10:02

I guess I did. I finished up my bowl of ceral and went back up to my room. I felt Chrissa's eyes on me as I did.

I sat in front of my mirror at my desk waiting for Lena to text back.

I admired my camera sitting in front me. I peered through the lense as I focused it. I snapped the picture capturing my suprisingly very straight brown hair and barely my face.

My phone buzzed as I was admiring the picture.

Lena: Let's hit the mall! - 10:09

I shook my head and chuckled to myself.

Me; I hate the mall.-10:10

Lena: I'll pick you up in 30. Bye!

I glumily got up out of my chair. I wanted this part of the day to be over. I wanted to see my boyfriend already.

As I got out of the shower I changed the song.

I danced as I got pulled over my pink sweater and light blue ripped jeans. I pulled my long brown hair into a slick low pony tail.

As I put on my white converses my phone rang.

"Yeah, I'm outside," Lena said speaking into the phone.

"Kk," I said hanging up and grabbing my bag.

"Heyyy," I stepping into the comfort of the warm car

"Hey," She said and drove off.

We dance and sang all the way there.

We visited almost all the stores. While we were coming out of H&M, I could have sworn I saw Zayden out of the corner of my eye. I viciously turned my head around and he was gone.

Assuming she saw my puzzled face, Lena asked, "What's wrong,"

I shook my head in dismissal.

"Nothing, I'm fine," I checked my watch.

"Can we go now, I have to meet up with Zay," I say half turning around.

Lena looked worried and appauled. But nodded in agreement.

On the way home, I debated on texting Zay. His shift was almost over.

I thanked Lena for the ride home and got out of the car.

I rushed up to my room and called him. He
Said he was on his way to my house now.

I changed my clothes into something more comfortable, not really wanting to go to the movies anymore.

I heard a car horn outside and peered through the glass window. I waved for him to come up.

A few moments later, he came in. His appearance made me forget what ever I was thinking about before.

"Hey," he said smoothly.

I smiled like the luckiest girl in the world

"Hi," I replied crossing my legs. He came closer and planted a kiss on my cheek. I beamed of embarrasment.

"Are you ready?" He asked menacingly. I sighed and threw myself on my bed.

"I'm guessing you don't want to go anymore," he said chuckling.

I laughed as he sat next to me.

"Sorryyyy," I told him stretching out the "y".

"It's totally fine. I'll just tear up the movie tickets that I just spent $50 on," Zay looked at me with a smile on his face. I felt even worse. I hugged him around his shoulders and said nothing. He was the sweetest thing to ever happen to me. I did not want to loose him.

Eventually, Zayden fell asleep right next to me. I was still wide awake. I carefully lifted his arm up from me as I got up and placed it on my bed softly. I sat at my desk thinking, staring at my camera. I then began just taking pictures of him. He features looked so soft as he slept. One of the picture I took caused me to start thinking about that mystery look-alike of Zayden at the mall.

I wanted to ask Zay, but I felt like it was nothing. I probably looked over there too fast and my vision was a blur.

I was sure it was nothing.