16. Rebirth and Revelations

Start from the beginning

When I reach him, I jump into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist. "Hello, Beautiful," he says, grinning. This time, though, his teeth are normal- not razor sharp like I've seen previously.

"I missed you," I say, leaning in. My lips press to his, and slowly, he lowers us to the ground. His body is pressed tightly to Thara's as he kisses her, deeply and passionately.

There is a whirling storm of emotions inside of this one body. Thara's could easily be described as horny high school kid, while you could describe mine by going as far as saying holy shit, no. Get me out of here.

I feel how my body melts under his, my heart pounding wildly as he gently slides the tip of his tongue against my bottom lip, sending tingles down my spine. Then, he suddenly pulls away, breathless, and gazes down into my eyes. "I missed you, too, My Angel."

I grin up to him. "How did I ever get lucky enough to meet you out here by chance?"

He laughs. "I'm not sure, but it's definitely our own little place now."

"It is. I love it here." My hand comes up, brushing through his hair. "I never want to leave when I'm with you."

"Someday, Angel, I'll build us a home here. We can live together, and I can have you all to myself," Moskil says, brushing a bit of hair away from my face.

"After we are married?" I ask, excitedly.

As I say this, I see his face fall. "Thara, Baby. I've told you that I'll never be able to marry you."

I feel Thara's emotions plummet, and my hand falls away from him. "I thought you were just saying that because you were nervous about the subject."

Moskil shakes his head. "I wasn't lying, Thara, but that doesn't mean that I will ever love you any less." He smiles, and I feel my heart ache. He really did love me. "If anything, I love you more and more every day that we meet in our meadow."

"Why can't you marry me?" I ask, emotion rising in my voice.

The smile falls from his face yet again, and he pushes himself up from the ground, pulling me with him. His arms wrap around me, tightly, and I stare up to him. "Like I said the last time we talked about this- I'm different. I'm not like you. I'll never be able to marry you or give you children. It's not allowed."

I huff. "Why do you say it's not allowed, though? Where are you even from? I have asked before, and you never tell me," I exclaim, feeling the first tear escape my eyes.

Moskil's hand comes to my face, and he gently wipes the tear away. "Don't cry, Angel. Please. If I told you, it would endanger your life, and I never want to hurt you." I see his jaw clench, and then he leans in a bit closer. "I'm sorry. I love you."

"I love you, too, Moskil," I reply. "But-" I cut off, hesitating. "I can't do this anymore. Not if we don't have a future."

Moskil's face becomes contorted with pain. "W-What? Thara, no. Please. I can give you a future." He begins to ramble. "It may not be everything that you want, and I wouldn't be around every single day, but most of the time, we will be home together. We will have each other, and I am always going to try to make you hap-"

I pull away, cutting him off. "Moskil, I want a husband and children, and I'm right at the age where I need to start taking that seriously. I can't waste my time with you if you're never going to give me a proper life."

I watch as his face begins to burn red, seeming similar to his hair. "Waste?" He asks, biting back his anger. "I'm just a waste to you? Is that it?" Quickly, he steps forward and grabs the sides of my arms, gripping them tightly as he glares down into my eyes. "Thara, I am offering you a lifetime of love, faithfulness, and protection from anyone or anything that will ever try to harm you, and you're going to back away just because we can't have a conventional human life together?"

I jerk myself out of his grip, shoving him away. "That hurts, Moskil!" I shout, backing up. "Don't touch me, again!"

His eyes grow wide as he begins to walk forward. "Wait, Baby. I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to hurt you. I was just trying to stop you from walking away!"

"Leave me alone," I reply, coldly.

"Thara," he chokes out, his eyes welling up with tears. I can feel Thara's disappointment and disgust, but if I were in my own body right now, I'd say that I could feel my heart break for him as he drops to his knees. "I know that it's not what you want, but can't we at least try? I love you," he pleas, his voice cracking. "I need you. I can try to make it what you want."

I shake my head, staring down at him. "Goodbye, Moskil."

As I turn to walk away, the vision begins to fade to black, and then I feel myself begin to stir in my own body. I sit upright and glance around. I am still in the same spot, but Colvin sits at my side, stroking my hair, protectively, and Moskil sits several feet away, arms crossed over his chest. They glare at each other, but as soon as the notice me waking up, both of their eyes flicker to me.

I sit up, slowly, rubbing my head and groaning.

"Are you OK, Baby?" Colvin asks, looking me over.

I glance to him and nod. "Yes, I'm OK. I need to talk to Moskil, alone, though," I say.

Colvin laughs, bitterly. "Not happening."

"Oh, so now you're her Dad?" Moskil snaps at him.

"No, but I make her call me Daddy," Colvin remarks, cockily.

"Stop!" I shout, jumping up. Is he actually a king? "Both of you! Shit. Colvin, if you couldn't tell from earlier, I can handle myself. You stay here. I'll be back."

He stands, looking down at me with a confused expression on his face. "Why are you doing this, Salem?"

I glance over to Moskil after thinking for a moment. "I need to make this right," I state.

"Fine," Colvin says after a moment. "But, please be careful."

I look back over to him and nod. "I will," and with that, I begin making my way towards Moskil, praying to whoever is listening that this isn't a suicide mission. "Follow me," I say to Moskil.

He immediately trails behind me, and we begin making our way across the broad field, together.