10. Universal Vibrations

I come to at around nine at night. The sun has gone down, and I find myself curled up against Colvin in my bed. I glance up, watching as he sleeps soundly, hugging me tightly to his big chest.

A smile crosses my face at the sight of him sleeping so deeply. He looks really sweet. I try to resist the urge to bring my face up to his, but I fail. My lips press to his, giving him a soft peck. I don't expect him to wake up, but in an instant, his lips are moving in sync with mine, and he has rolled over on top of me, assuming the position we were in before I blacked out.

The kiss slows after a couple of minutes, and then he pulls back. "I told Jade that you fell back to sleep because you didn't feel good. She let me stay to take care of you."

I nod, catching my breath. "Good plan. I can't believe I was out for so long this time."

"Was it a long memory?" He asks, smoothing my hair back.

"No," I reply. "It wasn't too long, but I did a lot of running in it. It was from when I was Thara on the night we met."

The smile he had in place slowly falls and I watch as his eyes grow wide. "You remembered Moskil?"

I scrunch my nose. "Yes, he was a creep."

"You're getting closer," he murmurs.

"Closer to what?" I ask, confused.

He rolls off of me and stretches, pulling my body against his. "Remembering Thara's final moments. You've already remembered a couple of the main points from our life together."

"Does it have to do with Moskil?"

I see him glance down at me, and out eyes meet. "You'll see, Love. Are you still tired?"

I shake my head. "Not really. I basically slept the whole day away."

"Alright," he replies. "We should head over to the demon world, and I will take you to a couple of special places. It could probably trigger more memories."

I push myself up from the bed and then smile over to him. "Lead the way."

Colvin stands and wraps his arms around my torso. "OK, but you need to stay close to me while we are there. Like I said before, things are happening, and they may be out of my control. I am king, and I try to keep order, but I am only one man."

"Lets bring Rory," I say. "Extra protection."

He shakes his head. "I want to be alone with you. I'll summon him if he is needed."

I'm not too sure why, but his words make me smile a little. Since when have I liked the idea of alone time with him?

"Are you going to open the portal in here?" I ask, worried that it'll tear my room apart.

He chuckles. "No, Love. Let's go outside and find a spot."

"You guys going somewhere?" Jade asks from the couch. Her and Rory sit side by side, watching a show.

Colvin takes my hand into his. "I'm taking Salem to my place for the night. I don't want her getting you guys sick, and she has a fever, so she might be contagious."

Jade's eyes grow wide. "Contagious? Salem, do you need to go to the doctor tomorrow? I can drive you."

"Well," Colvin says, butting back in. "I'll take her. Like I said- I don't want you and Rory to get sick."

Jade smiles over to him. "You're so sweet. Salem, I'll text you before bed tonight and check on you."

I nod. "OK, love you. See you later, Guys," I say, waving bye to the two of them as Colvin drags me out the door.

"You're a fast thinker," I mumble as we circle to the back of the apartment building.

He scoffs. "You kind of have to be when you are king of an entire realm."

"So, what exactly do you do as king?" I ask, curiously.

"Well," he says as we reach the back of the building and turn left, walking down an old ally way. "It's not exactly the same as a king in your world, but there are similarities. I should start by telling you the whole purpose of the demon realm's existence."

I nod. "OK, continue."

"Alright, well life is different in every realm. Different morals. Different beliefs. Some realms serve the purpose of pushing the universe in the direction that it needs to go. These realms raise the vibration of universal energy. Then, there are places like the reaper realm or the demon domain that take care of the directional realms, like yours. Reapers collect souls and release them back into the world when they are ready. The Angel realm collects the oldest of souls, finally letting them rest, and the demon realm is kind of in the middle. Reapers give us the blackest of souls. We punish them, making sure that they never life another life. It's very important for this universe to stay in balance, and dark souls contaminate the energy. We also make sure that no other beings from our domain, or any other, harms innocent people in directional realms. That's how you and I met," he finishes, smiling.

"I've definitely lost my mind," I mumble as we stop in the center of the ally. "So, what makes you king?"

He laughs, and then I feel his arms wrap around me. "That's a more extensive conversation for another time, My love. Hold tight."

I quickly wrap my arms around him and bury my face into his chest. The wind begins to howl, and seconds later, the ground falls from my feet, and we swiftly sink down into the portal, holding each other tight.

I don't know what Colvin has planned, but I really hope that whatever it is, I will finally remember enough to piece everything together. I don't know why it's so important for me to remember what Colvin is asking me to, but I can feel that it is important for me to. Maybe when I remember, it could help resolve the conflict in the demon domain. My life could feel a little more normal, again- Except I will belong to the demon king. That may make things a little different.