Chapter 13

3 months later...

Charlotte~~

One month.

Avery was due on the 5th of December. Today was the baby shower. As nervous as I was I tried to stay calm, no stress for Avery.

"Are you ready for this?" I asked Avery holding onto my very large stomach. I feel a lite kick and smile. We walk to the backyard where everyone was mingling. I take a deep  breath and see Jake looking bored stuffing his face with a hamburger. I walk up to him.

"Hey Jake!" I say and he just looks at me and walks away.

"Hey why are you ignoring me?" I asked and he stopped and sighed.

"I'm not allowed to talk to you.." He said and I frown.

"Yes you can. I give you permission. Whoever said that to you can't keep me away, you are like one of my only friends here other then Scarlet." I said and he smiled. We sat down talking about how boring our lives were.

"Training gets harder everyday." Says Jake frowning, I do too. Training? This boy was almost 11, he may have looked 16 or 15 but he was still a kid.

"Why don't you leave then?" I whisper and he looks at me; shocked.

"What? I can't just leave this life behind."

"You should. It's not right."

"It's preparing me." He said and I look him straight in the eyes.

"Do you want to do this? Be honest Jake, you leave now, you could find your mate fall in love, have a life!" I said and he looked down.

"I don't want this." He said flatly.

"Then go away for a bit, take a break." I said and he looked at me closely, then threw his arms around my neck, pulling me into the biggest hug.

"Thank you Charlie." He said and I wonder, did I give him good advice? Was what I said smart? Of course. He would take a break.

"Where's my best friend and little baby?" I turn to see Iggy walking in, her and Mike holding hands. I still couldn't find Alexander.

"Over here!" I call and she sees me and walks over. She wore a yellow sundress that brought out the blonde in her bouncing curls and her makeup was light. She looked like a golden goddess.

"Hey love." She said kissing both of my cheeks and bending over to kiss my stomach.

"Hey, how have you guys been?"

"Wonderful! But the house gets so lonely when he's at work! The large house doesn't have much to do without you there." She said and I chuckled.

"You could always visit me here."

"Please, I know the werewolf's absolutely hate humans, other then you because you're the alpha's mate. In fact where is he?" She asked scanning the people. I couldn't even answer that, Iggy had a point every time she visited she got death glares; she stopped visiting.

"I don't know." I said and she frowned.

"Some father, doesn't even show to the baby shower! I know it hasn't begun but still!" She said looking mad. Typical Iggy.

"He'll show up babe, don't worry." Said Mike rubbing her back she gave him a quick smile and looked at me.

"I almost forgot!" Then she took out a  small wrapped box.

"What is it?"

"Shut up and open it." She said her eyes filled with light.

"Iggy! We have to wait until the opening of presents!" I said and she rolled her eyes.