Chapter 4

Charlotte~~

I sat by my phone constantly even though the volume was on high. I tapped my fingers on the table sipping my hot chocolate staring at my phone. The door opened and I jumped up immediately and raced to the door hoping to see Iggy's happy face but instead I saw a tired Mike.

"Iggy still not here?" He asked not seeing her swirl around the corner.

"No." I said and he nodded and looked around the large house.

"Have you started dinner?"

"Oh! I will right now."

"We can order pizza."

"No, I need the distraction." I said walking into the kitchen. I pull out some steak and start boiling water for baked potatoes. I looked at my phone again and another baby kick formed in my stomach. I drop my hand on my stomach and take a breath.

Calm down Charlie, breathe.

"Its your best friend calling! Its your best friend calling! ANSWER YOUR PHONE!"

I automatically click the answer button.

"Hello!? Iggy?! Are you alright?! Where are you I can pick you up." I said all in a stutter as tears fell down my face.

"Hey Charlie-"

"Where is Iggy Alexander? I want to speak to her. Put her on the phone. NOW."

"Charlie listen to me-"

"I will not listen to you. I've been sitting around for 5 hours waiting for her to call and you end up calling on her phone. Where is she?" I said. How DARE he use her phone to call me. He has no rights. None to use her phone unless--

"Alexander is she...is she dead?" I asked more tears falling down my face. If Iggy was dead I would for sure lose my mind and even my baby. She was the only one that helped me through it all.

"No. She just needs to rest here for a few weeks. If you want to see her I can come pick you up and take you to where she's staying-"

"No. Can I stay there with her? I need to stay with her." I say. Wait she was at his house, so I would also be.

"Ya, do you need time to pack or..?"

"Come get me now. I'll be ready." I say hanging up the phone and going to my room grabbing a bag and shoving random clothes in it and my personal needs, the baby again kicked and I hold my stomach for a second taking a deep breath. There's a knock on the door and I just walk downstairs and see Alexander let himself in looking around the house.

"Nice place." He said under his breath I clear my throat and he looks up at me.

Alexander--

Driving up to a mansion was the last thing I was expecting. Her house was huge. I knock on the door and curiosity got the best of me and I open the door looking at the giant place. It was absolutely beautiful.

"Nice place." I whisper looking around then I hear a throat being cleared and I look up to see Charlie holding a bag her tight shirt showing her stomach was quite large, but still a small bump too.

"When did you decide you could just walk in my house?" She asked her hands on her hips.

"I-I just.." I never stumbled while talking. What was this woman doing to me?

"You just what?" She said looking annoyed.

"I just thought you may have needed help."

"To answer my own door?" She said rolling her eyes and throwing her bag at me.

"Lets go." She said walking out and walking in the car. I put her bag in the trunk and started the car. Automatically she started playing with the radio.

"So I was thinking-"

"Head in the clouds got no weight on my shoulders I should be wiser and realize that I've got."

Singing her head off with the radio blasting it was impossible to talk. I think she liked it that way. I enjoyed listening to her sing until we reached the pack house.

"This is your house?" She asked looking at the house getting out of the car. Did she not like it? Of course she didn't; she was rich and lived in the nicest houses probably.

"Ya, is there a problem?"

"No, no problem at all." She said and the youngest pack member, Jake ran out of the house towards Charlie.

"Are you new here?" He asked.

"Um no I'm just staying here...you are?" She asked glancing my way.

"I'm Jake! What about you?"

"I'm Charlie." She said holding her hand out to shake his hand but he just engulfed her in a hug, she hugged him back smiling.

"Are you having a baby?" Asked Jacob pointing to her stomach. She took one of his hands and put it on her stomach.

"Do you feel it?"

"WOW! Its kicking your stomach! Does it hurt?" He asked and Charlie chuckled.

"It did but now it doesn't bother me anymore."

"It's an alpha baby. I can feel its strength." Said Jacob and I froze. Charlie laughing.

"I'm sure you can." She said and it struck me that she thought it was just his imagination, she was going along with it.

"We better get Charlie settled."

"Will you play with me when you are settled?" Asked Jacob and I glared at him.

"Jacob. We must let our guest rest, don't be rude." I said but Charlie waved off my remark.

"I'd LOVE to play with you when I finish, but I also want to visit my friend but right after that I'll play with you alright?"

"Alright! Bye Charlie!" He said and ran back to the house.

"You don't have to hang out with him...he does that to everyone.."

"Which is why I agreed. Does the poor boy have anyone else's company to enjoy? Now don't be rude show me to my room." Said Charlie walking in the door. Everyone that was in the living room froze looking at her.

"Um everyone this is Charlotte, friend of the attacker and will be staying until her friend is recovered."

"Actually, Iggy is my best friend." She said matter of factly.

"Yes, sorry, her best friend." I said and we walked to my room and she looked around then looked at me.

"Um do you have any spare rooms?"

"No. None are unoccupied, I don't bite." I said and she rolled her eyes.

"You let me get settled. I'll see you downstairs." She said like an order. I nodded and walked downstairs to my angry pack.

"What is a HUMAN girl with alpha baby in her stomach?!"

"Don't you DARE sit here and complain about your Luna and future alpha!" I scream and they all silent, except Jake.

"Charlie is nice!" He said and his mother stared at him wide eyed.

"Jacob." She said harshly.

"Don't yell at him!" I yelled and she looked down in shame.

"You all are to treat your Luna like she is one of us! Understood?!"

"Understood." They all said in union. I nodded just as Charlie walks downstairs.