nine

ASTRID TURNS AROUND and sees the fleet of ships aiming for the laser drill and at a flying Peter. And so, she takes action and curls her hands into fist and emits black electricity. She aims her power at the many ships hoping to hit some of them and to her liking it did. She brought down at least 7 well according to her counting.

She continued to do this until Peter flies towards her, "Ingrid, you have tape?" he yells. Astrid stops her actions and furrows her eyebrows, "What? No." Peter groans before turning to Drax. Astrid continues her work but hears the ongoing conversation near her.

"Drax, do you have any tape?" Peter says asking the same question he asked her.

"Would scotch tape work?" He asks.

"Yes, scotch tape works."

"Oh okay. I don't have any." Drax says.

"Then why would you ask if scotch tape would work if you don't have any?!" Peter yells before flying off to god knows where.

As Astrid continues to fight off the Sovereign ships, protecting Drax and Mantis as she continues to make Ego sleep. It had seemed like there was too much for her to handle, soon all she saw was the laser drill stopping in the middle of the space with a broken rear thruster.

"There's too much of them." Drax tells Astrid and she knew by the way he was saying it, he was telling her to stop. "Then there's more for me." She said sending one big electricity blast at a couple of ships.

But then just as she thought that was the last of it, she sees more emerge from their hiding places. "Aw crap." She curses stopping her magic in fatigue. She looks up and sees the laser drill, each and everyone of the Sovereign ship aiming at Yondu. One of the leader says something that Astrid couldn't care less about.

And then, SHOOT, all of the ships start shooting at the laser drill making it rock back and forth. "What are they doing?! They need to fight back!" Astrid yells and then starts to destroy ships again.

"Look." Drax says stopping Astrid once again from her rage. There they were in the control room, Yondu and Nebula in the front seats. Yondu says something to Nebula before turning around to flips switches. That sent thousand of bolts of electricity through Nebula, she screamed so loud she could be heard from where Astrid stood.

Then all of a sudden, dozens of laser emerge from the laser drill hitting every Sovereign ship. With one coming towards the three, Drax and Astrid back up avoiding the laser. "Hey!" He yells looking up at the chaos.

Astrid does the same and sees the laser drill isn't moving, instead two Sovereign ships collide and debris comes flying towards the laser drill. Next thing she knew it exploded into a thousand pieces right in front of her eyes. "Peter, no!" Gamora yells.

But Astrid was just lost for words, did she just lost her brother? Her only family left? She couldn't have. She didn't believe it, she didn't want to. Her hands were trembling with anger mixed with fear. Eyes started to fill with tears as she stood there on the ground feeling helpless.

All of a sudden, a black figure comes falling down. Astrid hoped it to be Peter but instead it was just Nebula who look straight at Gamora. Maybe there was hope for Peter, she thought. If Nebula survived, Peter would have too.

She looked up for any sign of him and just to her luck, in the dark clouds of the explosion. There he was with Yondu, who may she add was holding on to his arrow as he floated back down. Peter did the same using Rocket's aero rigs. Astrid couldn't help but smile and just happily cry at the sight of Peter.

Up above she could hear Peter laughing, "Ahah. You look like Mary Poppins." he joked which also sent a chuckle out of Astrid. "Is he cool?" Yondu asked, "Hell yeah he's cool."

"I'm Mary Poppins y'all!" Yondu yells out.

They soon arrive on the ground and as soon Peter's feet touched the floor, Astrid went running towards him. Giving him the biggest hug she could ever give, he returns the hug tightly. "Don't let anyone else kill you, Pete. I'm the only one who's allowed to do that." She chuckled in his ear.

They pull away and they look at the chaos all around them. Still not finished saving the galaxy. Soon Rocket joins along the Guardians, they all stand in a circle looking at the fire.

It was a glorious moment. They were standing together as one, as a family. They knew that there was a risk that they were going to die and they took that risk to save the galaxy and everyone in it. This is was the moment Astrid had been waiting for, to stand with her brother.

All of a sudden, debris comes flying towards Mantis and knocked her out. "Mantis look out!" Drax says after Mantis gets hit which made Astrid facepalm. But due to the absence of Mantis' power, Ego was no longer asleep. The glowing blue light activated once again.

The loud and ear bleeding screams of Ego returned as he got closer than he did before. Everything starts to rumble but nothing falls apart, Drax picks up Mantis and takes her in his arms. "He's just unconscious." He says.

Peter turns to Rocket and asks, "How long until the bomb goes off?". "In the unlikely event Groot doesn't kill us, about six minutes." The rumbling worsens and everything starts to fall apart, the ground beneath them starts to shake and the cavern above them starts to crack open revealing the sun that shone on them.

"Kraglin, we need the quadrant for an extraction." Yondu says into the comm. Peter turns to Drax, "Someone needs to be up top when Kraglin arrives. Drax, take Mantis." He orders and Drax follows. He picks up the unconscious Mantis and Peter removes his aero rig and slaps it on Drax himself. "Owww! My nipples!" He yells before flying off.

The rumbling becomes worse and worse and it causes everything to start breaking apart. The ground beneath them starts to break sending Gamora and Nebula down a pit, "Gamora!" Peter yells.

Then all of a sudden, a piece of rock that came above Astrid comes flying down for her. But with quick reflexes, she creates a electric field that stopped the boulder just above her. She grunts as she struggles to lift the boulder off of her, all eyes turn to Astrid, all in shock and awe of the power the girl could posses.

Finally she had managed to throw the boulder off to the side, panting as she released her electric field. "Woah." Peter says to her but Astrid doesn't hear and just walks away from the area.

The blue glowing tentacles the Guardians has seen before return and they come for them. Peter blasts one of the incoming tentacles whereas Astrid uses her black electricity to disintegrate one. Rocket throws his bombs to some and they explode along with the tentacles but more just keep appearing. And Yondu uses his arrow and slices through the tentacles.

Both Peter and Astrid try to avoid and destroy the tentacles but they fail. "Come on now Peter." Ego growls, "What kind of father would I be to let you make this choice?" Astrid continues to disintegrate the tentacles trying to give them time to get out of here. "Soon, Peter, we will be all that there is. So stop pissing me off!"

The tentacles become too much for both Astrid and Peter, one of the tentacles slaps Astrid off to the side leaving Peter all by himself. She quickly gets up and tries to fight off more tentacles, and she's so tired to but she knows she had to continue to fight. While Peter is there right by her foot on the ground, he takes off his mask and his face is covered in cuts.

Astrid stays by Peter's side making sure he doesn't get hurt. No, she would promise to not let him get hurt. She would stay with him until the end of all of this, no matter what. Even if she dies protecting him and his friends.