{2} The Avatar Returns Pt. 2

Erza watched as Zuko took Aang onto the ship, she couldn't do anything so she just watched everything go as plan. She got onto the ship with Zuko and the other soldiers. She looked at Aang as he stared at the girl of the south pole. She recalled everything he had said before Zuko took him.

————
Aang, seeing the terror the village was under stopped and looked back at the Fire Nation boy. "If I go with you, will you promise to leave everyone alone?" Aang asked. Erza's eyes widened. Why was Aang just giving himself up? He couldn't, if the Fire Lord got hold of him then there was no hope left of ending the war. But Zuko agreed and soon soldiers were leading Aang up onto the ship.

"Aang, no, please, Don't do this," Katara pleaded.

"Don't worry it'll be okay. Take care of Appa for me until I get back," Aang tried to reassure the girl as the ship's bowsprit rose back up.

————
The Fire Nation would never let Aang come back. They would turn him into the Firelord Ozai and Angi only knows what will happen to him. He might be killed showing others what will happen to them if they harbor the next Avatar or they'll keep him as a slave or possibly they try to brainwash him into joining the fire nation for the war. All Erza knew is that she had to set him free no matter the cost, even if it meant revealing herself.

She walked down in the brig heading straight to where the guards were holding Aang. She stood in front of the two guards with a smile on her face and said, "Prince Zuko wants me to watch over the prisoner for the time being so you two are relieved of your duty."

"Prince Zuko said under no circumstances were we to leave the prisoner alone," One of the guards informed her.

"He told me to come to relieve you two. You don't want to go against are Prince's orders now do you?" She questioned them. The two men looked at each other then back at the onyx eyed girl and left the prisoner in her hands.

"I bet you never faced an Airbender before, I could take you out in these chains," Aang said staring at the silver-haired girl. She didn't utter a word to him until the guards were out of ear range. She then turned around looking at the Airbender and unlocked the door going inside of the cell.

"Don't come any closer. I don't want to hurt you," Aang said to her.

"If you were going to hurt me you would have done it by now," She said unlocking his chains.

"Why are you doing this?" Aang questioned her.

"Because the world needs saving and you are the only one who can bring the four nations back together as one and well you staying here isn't exactly a good thing for everyone," Erza responded.

"I need my glider," Aang told her.

"It's in Zuko's chamber, we need to figure out a way for you to get it without Zuko finding out," Erza said.

"I'll find it, I would only put you in more trouble with Zuko," Aang said and ran off before Erza could say anything else. She stood up and walked out of the cell heading towards the front of the ship until she was pulled off to the side. She turned around seeing General Iroh standing behind her.

"General Iroh, sir. I was just going to Prince Zuko's chambers to let him know that the avatar had escaped his cell," Erza lied and ran off towards the upper deck hearing a loud commotion. As she walked up the stairs she saw Aang and Zuko fighting.

Zuko angrily fire kick, Erza watched as Aang raised his arms to block his face but was sent tumbling over the side of the ship. Zuko went to fire another fireball at Aang. Erza tried to used her bending to knock out the guards. But nothing happened she huffed in annoyance wanting to help Aang. There was a loud growl. Erza turned around seeing Chira as armor began to appear around her thick skin. She ran at the guards knocking one of them down sending a shockwave to the others.

Erza smiled at her companion knowing that her girl deserves a treat after this. Erza ran in front of her brother, she put her hands up and a light shield appeared in front of her blocking the fireball. Zuko stared at the girl and did not look happy at all. Firstly, she stopped him from knocking out the avatar and taking him back home but that wasn't the part that made him angry it was the fact that she was probably the only other person in the world that he trusts and she kept this secret from him. Erza looked at Aang seeing that he was a bit dazed, she looked at Zuko with regret in her eyes as she approached the Prince of the Fire Nation.

"I'm sorry, Zuko but he's the only one who can fix everything your father and grandfather have done to the nations," Erza said getting into her fighting stance. "I don't want to fight you but I will protect my brother."

"You choose him over everyone in the fire nation over Uncle over me," Zuko said the last part under his breath glaring at the girl he once called a friend.

Zuko used his bending to hit the ground in front of Erza as a warning shot. She punched fire at Zuko, it passed his fire by a couple of centimeters. She ran at Zuko kicking and punching fire towards him making the prince stumble back. Zuko seen her hands glow dark purple, she raised it towards him and fired it off hitting one of the guards that were heading towards Aang. She left Zuko to protect her brother.

Aang looked up seeing the girl with white hair stand in front of him. She was blasting the fire nation's guards with her powers. He tried to stand up but he was hurt pretty bad. There was a loud growl he heard making him jump. Chira went towards Aang as a white light came off of her.

"Chira watch him make sure no one gets near him, especially Prince Zuko," Erza informed her pet and Chira nodded. She walked towards the guards and Zuko.

"I know you don't want this Zuko. I know you want the citizens of every nation safe," Erza said a few feet away from him.

He didn't utter a single word to her and she walked right to him placing her hand on the left side of his face staring into his gold eyes. "I know that your father's approval is something that you crave but is that what you really want?"

Aang watched the two teens interact. He saw Zuko tense up once Erza touched his face. Zuko placed his hand over hers but he yanked her hand away from his face.

"I wonder if my father would like the sister of the avatar as well," Zuko growled out.

"Do it," Erza challenged him.

"Gladly," Zuko said pulling her towards him. Erza's hands began to glow dark purple and she hit Zuko on the chest sending him flying back. As she approached her childhood friend the soldiers used their bending hit Erza knocking her back.

"No!" Zuko and Aang both yelled out seeing the back of her shirt burned to a crisp along with her skin. Zuko ran towards the girl but Chira was faster than him. The Tigershark bump her nose against Erza's face to see if the girl would react. She smiled and gave her pet a little pat before everything went black for her. 

Authors Note: 

All of my stories will be posted on archive of our own 

This story is going to on there first before Wattpad and will be updated more frequently