Prologue

Erza was sitting in her bedroom reading the scroll her father gave her when she was five, he told her not to open it until she new it was right. Of course a five year old didn't understand what in the world he was saying but now she knew that something will be off about today but it could also be interesting.

"He gives me a scroll with nothing on it how does he except me to read this" she said putting her scroll down on her nightstand. Her tiger shark was sleeping on her bed then roared loud making her jump. She walked towards him making sure she wasn't hurt. Then a light illuminated her room and she turned her head seeing a faint blue light in the sky.

"The Avatar." She said breathlessly but it couldn't be him he left the nations to fend for themselves for a hundred years. Maybe it was celestial lights, no she did not give up hope just yet, but time was slipping fast because of the war and the comet coming soon. If it was him then he need to learn all four elements by the ending of next summer and that was so little time for him.

She seen the scroll start glowing. She ran towards it reading what it said and she dropped the scroll. Then she felt something burning on her skin and she yanked her shirt off. Markings started to appear on her skin. It glowed pink then a pink light beam along with a dark purple light beam shot out through the ship. She grabbed her shirt putting it on fast once she heard knocking on her door. The door swung open Zuko and Iroh were in the doorway.

"May I help you?" Erza asked them calmly. Zuko walked into her room while Iroh waited for her to invite him in. "You can't just barge into someone's room!" Zuko ignored her. She grabbed his arm yanking him back. "Hothead!" once she called him that he turned around.

"What happen here?" Zuko asked her seen somethings in her room burned. Erza just stood in the middle of the room rocking back and forth on the heels of her foot.

"I try General Iroh's technique. It didn't go exactly as plan. So what's up with you" she smiled making sure that her lie was believable. Zuko left her room going back to the main deck but Iroh stood in her room waiting until Zuko was out of ear shot.

"We must start on your training Erza. But we must keep it a secret from my nephew" Iroh told her. She looked at Iroh but in a confused way, he knew what was happening to her and if he did why didn't he tell her sooner? She had some many question to ask him but she knew she had to wait so she gave him a simple nod. He left her room and she followed him out with her tiger shark following them. She sat with Iroh then watching him play his game. Then a blue beam shot through the sky. 'It's there again but I already seen that'

"Finally. Uncle do you realize what this means?" Zuko asked his Uncle staring angrily at the beam and turned around towards Erza and his uncle.

"I won't get to finish my game?" he asked Zuko making Erza laughed at this.

"It means my search. It's about to come to an end" Zuko stated making Erza cheer loud. The two men looked at her.

"I'm tired of you going on and on about the Avatar this, the Avatar that and I want my honor, my throne and father not think of as a failure everyday. But maybe it's something else" Erza told him with her arms crossed.

"That light came from an incredibly powerful source. It has to be him" Zuko said making Erza and Iroh sigh.

"Or it's just the celestial lights. We've been done this road before, Prince Zuko. I don't want you to get too excited over nothing. Please, sit. Why don't you enjoy a cup of calming Jasmine tea?" Iroh said.

"I don't need any calming tea! I need to capture the Avatar" Zuko shouted at his uncle.

"What you need to do is show your Uncle respect, Zuko!" Erza yelled at him.