At least with her father she had Jarvis and anything money could buy.

As long as she kept her mouth shut and stayed out of his way, her dad didn't seem to mind much.

When she'd first started going to boarding school when she was younger, Pepper and Happy would give her tight hugs when they'd take her to the airport themselves and see her off. Not anymore evidently, they were too busy for that and she was apparently old enough to not need their support.

Oh well.

She'd sat in her bed, headphones on as she bobbed her head, until the housekeeper came and knocked on her door, letting her know that the chauffer had arrived. He grabbed her suitcases, a few already having been set down by the front door for the chauffer to load.

Altaira slipped on her sunglasses and swung her bag over her shoulder, increasing the volume on her MP3. She waved goodbye to the housekeeper and greeted the chauffer as he grabbed her last suitcase, no fanfare involved.

He held the door to the tinted black car open, letting her get in. She leaned back, readjusting her soft white cashmere sweater. The enclosed garden courtyard peaceful, despite being in the city, likely why this was her favourite place of residence.

If only her mother could see her now, it had always been her American dream to marry rich. But then she'd had Altaira, got together with Tommy and died. Altaira always wondered if her mother had honestly not been sure who the father of her bastard child was, and whether that was why she'd never even tried to approach Tony Stark at the least.

The sidewalk outside the townhouse had two reporters camping out, hopping to get a picture with their cameras of the young Stark heir.

Thankfully, it was too early for there to be more of them.

At the airport, a small group of Stark security personnel were waiting for them (after the third kidnapping attempt, her father had thankfully realised that she needed a security detail during widely publicised trips). They made a small perimeter around her, leading her through a side entrance. Just before they disappeared out of eye site, she could see the chauffer had begun gathering her suitcases to pass them off to the airport staff to place in the plane.

She'd started enjoying walking through the airport or other public places with them, watching the eyes of little kids widen and the gazes of parents as she passed, head held high, with the armoured circle of bodyguards around her.

Due to her father's reputation (ie, money), they were able to bypass the security gates and meet up with the two guards that would come with her on the plane (a lucrative position where they pretty much were paid extremely generously to travel with her and protect her from any possible threats). She nodded to them, her lips twitching up in a small smile as she recognised them. She was left with them, and they led her to her babysitter (airplane stewardess for the unaccompanied minor services). The taller bodyguard nodded, "this is Carrie Doreen."

Altaira smiled blankly, pulling down her headphones to sit around her neck. "Hi Ms. Doreen, I'm Altaira."

The young woman smiled, "pleasure to meet you, sweetheart. You can call me Carrie. I'm sure you know the drill, but if you need anything, just ask and I'll see what I can do for you. Let's get you in the plane, you arrived at the perfect time and they've just started boarding."

"Of course."

The pilots greeted her by name, welcoming her to the flight and wishing her a good time. She was ushered into a seat quickly, taking her spot in the window seat. Her security guard took the aisle seat, back straight as he watched each passenger and airplane staff that passed for any threats. The second security guard sat in business class and they'd switch halfway through the flight.