Chap 9-Living the celebrity life

I had been waiting to get back to Mumbai for the first time. Sam was busy on a shoot, Rhea was in Australia with her parents and sister for their annual vacation. Akshay had joined their family business to get some experience in management.

I got back home to do some unpacking, I was back in Mumbai which meant more of paparazzi's since they hadn't seen much of me and Sam together. It would be interesting to read news which even I wouldn't know in the paper. I had nothing to worry about being in the news.

I went to the dining table where the news paper was kept. I poured my self some apple juice and settled down to have a glance on what was happening around in Mumbai. The paper did seem interesting. 

I  tried calling Sam but it was just switched off.  Normally his phone is never switched off. If not anything it goes into voice mail or his manager picks it up. I went to the closet to find some thing appropriate for  a  small get together, a girl in college was celebrating her birthday it wasn't even big sum 15-20 people I suppose. I hadn't thought of going but it seemed way better to go and do something rather than lazing around in the empty house. i dropped Sam a message telling him that I was back in Mumbai.

I had totally forgotten the cover Sam had given to me that day, I was just checking all the stuff I had got that day when i went shopping with Sam, when I spotted the cover and guess what, I was literally on cloud nine when I opened the cover, it was the same scarf which I had so wanted to buy that day while shopping. I thought that I had lost it but this guy got me something I had so wanted. Money didn't matter it was just the little things which made me happy.

It was only at the night Sam decided to pay me a surprise visit.

"Sam i am tired." I said letting him in.

"I just came."

"Exactly you came  way too late."

"I was shooting."

"I am not complaining."

"But"

"No you could have texted me."

"I am sorry."

"I was worried."

"Phone was out of charge Naina. We people have been working day and night so that we could wrap up the shoot before this weekend."

"But i love you." that was just random, but I wanted to say it.

"Suddenly?"

"I just  saw the scarf in the morning."I said as I gave him a half hug.

"OK listen baby I have an early morning shoot at 6. i just dropped in to see you,we have dinner at Shravan's tomorrow evening , be ready by 6. i will pick you up."

"You are leaving already?"

"Its 11:30." he said pointing to his white Armani watch.

"I got bored all day."

"I really am sorry. Actors life, you have to adjust with the odd timings." he said wrapping me into another tight hug before kissing me on my forehead.

"I think I understand."

The dinner at Shravan's place was amazing.  His wife is just as amazing and their daughter was really well behaved and sweet and I could say she really reminded me of my younger self. We had a proper gourmet dinner and I could actually see the perks of being Sam's girlfriend.

In the past 6 months the most unimaginable things had actually taken place, I was just any other normal boring student 6 months ago but now I am the country’s most desirable man's girlfriend, I even dined with Shravan and in fact could even call him up if I ever have a problem, you don't call up celebrities in case of emergencies do you? But I can! Half of the country envies me now, I am going to New York with Sam and not alone or with a person from family it was Sam whom I am totally in love with.

The media drama has started again; Sam and I have a party to attend, one of the most glamorous parties in the city. Trust me I was literally blinded with the amount of flashes when I got of the car, I was almost going to trip on the carpet had Sam not had my hand in his. I left out a breath of relief when i was over the cameras part but when I entered the banquet hall I almost fainted. Name the actor and I could spot them there, it took me full 10 minutes before I could even recover slightly and definitely I am not having any food today, my appetite is gone.

"Hey Avi" Sam shaked hands and gave a manly hug to the top most singer, his albums are always sold out within half an hour of release and I have all his albums on my iPod.

"Hey Sam. So is she the pretty lady everyone is dying to meet? God she is gorgeous." they were dying to meet me! Woah was everything right?

"Avik" he said putting forward his hand to me.

“I know." I said still trying to recover from just one of the shocks. Who wouldn't know who he is!

"Do you happen to have a twin sister? No? Well then, you must be the most beautiful girl one can find in this party." Avik joked and I could clearly say it was to make Sam jealous.

Sam punched his arm "At least don't flirt with her when i am around, have some shame man."

"I don't have time to have feelings like that of shame. Go around, Pia was dying to meet you."

"Whatever" he rolled his eyes. "I will just be back babe. Stick with this idiot till I come back. He isn't any good so don't worry about being all nice and decent to him." Sam said kissing me on my cheek and finding his way through the crowd.

"Who is this Pia?"  I asked Avik out of curiosity.

"His ex-girlfriend."

"Oh ok." I awkwardly nodded, I still had things I didn't know about Sam but he knows me like he has checked me under the microscope.

"But really he's lucky; from everything he told me you are an angel. And don't worry; I and Sam are really close." he said. Avik seems really sweet. I like the way he talks and I am sure we will hit on very well in the future.

"So are you having fun?”Sam asked wrapping his hand on my waist and pulling me closer to him.

"Right, I don't get a bit of alcohol cause I am under aged for drinking and everyone else is just partying on it. You were off with that ex- girlfriend of yours. And Avik found some girl to hit on." And with paparazzi right around us I will never risk it.  I have an image to maintain. The paps are still crazy about us. It’s just one week but isn’t it long enough for all gossips? Everywhere I go the paps are following me, including the grocery store.

"Who told you about Pia? Seriously there is nothing between us right now."

"I know what you are Sam, I am not going to doubt you."

"I will introduce you to Mona. You girls would get along really well."

For the first time I got to know something about Sam, I wonder if there are more secrets I am not aware of. I hope not. Actually I never took the efforts to go around spying about Sam. Mona is also Avik’s to be sister-in-law. She is more of a real sister than cousin to Sam. And the couple seemed to be so in love. The rest of the party was kick ass with Mona around. Mona and I made lunch plans for later in the week. People were sure fed too much about me; everyone was telling me how they wanted to meet me. I was under the spotlight. I heard that Pia had left early; I didn't even get to see her. I was getting used to the celeb life bit by bit but now it seemed more of a routine. Next morning I saw a few photos of me and Sam, thankfully my eyes were open in that one and not blinded by the flash. I am learning to adjust to the camera flashes.

The week was busy, I just kept packing and attending parties, Sam was too busy for this once and I kept myself occupied with some writing and movies.

New York here I come with my beloved boyfriend.

 A short chapter, I didn't get time to update. But I hope you like this chapter. I am so excited that the couple is going to New York. :) Keep voting :D

 That's Avik in the photo.