24 Hours: part 8

Hayle felt his heart skipping a beat.
"I knew it. I just... I could feel it" he said, jumping out of bed and grabbing his jeans.

"What happened baby?" Kaylee asked anxiously.

"It's Khan. Something happened at the lake. He's in trouble. I need to go."

"Shit"
"I'm coming with you" Kaylee said as she got out of bed and got dressed.

As soon as they finished, they took the keys to Kaylee's car and rushed over to the lake. Hayle drove, recklessly.

"Baby slow down, you're diving too fast" Kaylee pleaded with him.

He ignored, and kept on driving over the speed limit. Soon after drifting past a red light and turning left, he carried on speeding, not noticing the traffic cop that was patrolling the street.

The traffic cop saw the car, and starting following them, calling for them to stop. Hayle looked back at the officer, and still drove on, increasing in speed.

"Baby, what the fuck are you doing? That's a cop you're running from." Kaylee said to him as she was starting to panic.

He ignored, and kept on driving, increasing his speed.

"Hayle, stop! You're gonna get us attested!" she pleaded with him

He looked back, as the officer started flashing sirens and catching up to them. He was about to call for back up, when Hayle finally decided to slow down and pull over on the side of the road.

He reached for the glove compartment, and took out a gun.
Kaylee looked at him.

"What are you…"

"Put your seatbelt on", he interrupted her.