/ Just Like The Movies /

Start from the beginning

As if we'd die if we didn't.

And I knew I would.

I knew I'd die.

I couldn't say whether that feeling was the same for the spunky ravenette that I had fascinated myself with.

Maybe he was just here to complain about meaningless minutes and waste all the time he had in the world.

But what I do know is that I can't help but beg for him to come over just so I can laugh at his jokes, jokes that without any endeavor can make me suffocate from laughter.

His sarcasm only being an added bonus.

I know that I can't resist the way his nose crinkles when he laughs......

Or the way his subtle dimples always seep through when he gives me sunshine smiles and devious smirks.

And when these things happened on my account, when he smiled at something that came out of my mouth or at something that I so stupidly and recklessly said.......

I swear I felt like I was the luckiest teenager in the world.

But if I couldn't resist these things......

Then I knew I couldn't possibly stand the way his ebony curls and painted freckles and......

Brown, vibrantly brown eyes.......

Drove me crazy.

Drove me wild.

And they had driven me far enough to want to spend the rest of this cliché, hopeless, and boring summer with him.

"What is it about that music that gets you so worked up?" I said as I laid down on my back and stared up at my ceiling, watching as the puffy, clouded smoke floated up into the air and outlined my posters. "I just, don't understand."

Yuri's face loomed above mine as he came into my line of vision with an unimpressed look stuck on his face.

"Shame on you, dickwad," he said as he, out of the blue, hit my face with the backside of a record, his luck being the fact that he missed my cigarette. "You should know better by now."

"But your music is so slow, and complicated," watching him longingly as he teasingly swayed over to the record player by my window. "Not to mention it's old as fuck."

Within these past few weeks, Yuri had gone on and on about the works and wonders of Frank Sinatra, Frank Valli, and Dorris Day......

Playing jazz and swing over my Jeep speakers as I desperately tried to find the reason as to why Yuri would shout his love for these very tunes from rooftops.

I was yet to find that reason.

But because I was so deeply infatuated.......

I had driven myself all over town to find records upon records of music that would make Yuri smile from here all the way to San Francisco.

"Old? Vic, the 20s through the 60s are not old," he said as he let out a puff of smoke and a soft, youthful laugh.