2: Blood Singer

Ayo Ladies and Gentlemen! I am back with another long long chapter.

I spent the whole day writing this so I'll keep this short.

***

The very next day, Aro declared that we would be staying at Voltaire for a few days in his court.

Most of them didn't seem to care, looking disinterested and nonchalant as they lazily bowed to their Master before scurrying off to whatever part of the castle they were supposed to be at.

The people who didn't seem to be nonchalant were the Cullens.

Edward's eyes were furious, worried and even Alice glared at me as I stood uncomfortably next to Aro as he beamed, giggled and told his vampires to take good care of us.

Aro turned to me with his smile still fixed on his face.

"I wonder if you would agree to some lessons with us, my dear. Seeing as you are going to be with us a while and around vampires for a very long time we might as well inculcate you fully."

I hesitated, glancing once at Edward who must have heard him. His nostrils were visibly flared, eyebrows furrowed.

What if I said no? It would seem like a huge disrespect. Besides, the more amiable I remained with them, the less trouble the Cullens would have.

Edward's eyes shifted to me as he read these thoughts, and very imperceptibly he shook his head. I sighed. Of course he'd say no. Why was I even trying to reason with him? Instead of stretching the issue, I turned to Aro.

"Yes, I agree. You're right." I said.

"What are you doing?" Edward snarled first thing as he entered my room.

As per Aro's orders, we had been given a whole hallway to us, with all of us in different rooms. I could tell it bugged Edward since he wanted to keep an eye on me at all times but well...that definitely wasn't going to happen anymore with what my time here now going to be spent in learning vampire culture.

I looked up at him, startled.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I should agree with him to keep them safe. What kind of absurd idea is that? Aro is not going to turn on us just because you refuse to stick around, Tulika. Why do you even want to?"

"I don't know. You can't be sure that he," I lowered my volume. You can't be sure that he won't get antsy if he's refused anything. How many times have you said no to him? I sent him mentally as his jaw clenched.

"That's not the point. I'm just saying that you don't have to stay here and be pawn for him. We can go home."

"So, you admit it that he wants me here as a pawn?"

"No, God, Tulika, you're complicating this."

"Fine; I'll uncomplicated it then. Did you maybe consider the possibility that I want to stay?"

He opened his mouth to speak before closing it, looking strained. "Why would you want to stay? I thought you hated these people."

"Well, you're the one who wants me to give them a chance. That's what I'm doing and if I get to learn things all the more better."

"Why do you have to learn anything?"

"To figure out why I am here!" I hissed.

He stopped, frowning at me quizzically.