Chap-1

I twisted the door knob of the front door, and entered into the fresh air. It isn't much of a sunny day. Good for me. It won't be a sweaty and tired journey. The dry leaves have taken place all over the yard. Making it look, more like a haunted house. Similar to the one in conjuring.

I walk towards the parking lot, where my older brother Jordan is standing.

"Hey," I greet him.

"Hey, I thought there were more 10 years left for you to come over."

I roll my eyes.

Even my mom is standing out there beside Jordan. I didn't notice her at all.

"Bye honey, take care" She came up to me and kissed my cheek.

"Bye mom, you too. I won't be there to remind you to take your medicines on time," I said.

"Okay mom," She replies playfully making Jordan chuckle beside me.

She leaves to her office after that.

She is always anxious about little things. And her heart problem doesn't help either. Also overprotective at times but doesn't refuse to make us happy.

I had told her I could drive alone. But instead she gave me a speech bigger than that of Donald Trump about my not so good driving skills.

I took the seat next to Jordan in the front. He moved the car through the driveway and music is already blasting through it. Its a two hour journey and we are already stuck in the traffic. The sound of the car horns outside are loud enough that the ladies have to shout to hear each other during their tea party.

My eyelids are already drooping.

And not so long after, my eyes are already closed and I feel like sleeping.

***

"Emily, wake up"Jordan's voice interrupts me from my peaceful sleep. 

"Wake up. We've already reached," I'm pulled by the shoulder and made to sit upright.

I slowly open my eyelids and gesture at surroundings. We are parked at the college compound.

"You sleep like dead dog. I've been trying to wake you up for what feels like forever." He scowled.

"I can't help it," I try to defend myself. Seriously, sleep is the only thing I love.

"Help me get my luggage out," I said sounding tired. He stepped out of the car and took out the two bags, I had got with me. While I still sat trying to keep my eyes open.

"Get out of the car," Jordan's voice interrupts me again, leaving me with no option but to move from my comfortable position where I slept for two hours.

I open the door and step out of the car. The tiredness goes away as the fresh air hits me in the face. There are too many people out here. Most of them are teenagers like me. I hope I don't look like a monster because of sleeping like a dog. I don't want people to imagine things about me.

I run a hand through my hair, setting it from the places it has come out.

"I have to leave now. If you need any help, call me. Okay," He said while kissing my forehead. I nod. He knows me too well. We always have each others back. I like the fact that he isn't much overprotective like my mom. Although he thought that I would run out of the college and would come running and crying after having a nightmare. I argued with him that I wasn't 8 anymore.

"Goodbye, baby sister," he teases. The nickname he's been using on me, since we were young.

"Goodbye, big bro," I tease back and give him a two finger salute. He grins at me.

Jordan is also very industrious. He works really hard at his job of a photographer. He's 21 now and had left college when he got an offer of an assistant photographer from a magazine. It was the reply of the letter he had send to a photographer along with a few images he had captured. Although my mom wasn't convinced by the fact that he had to leave his college and what if it turn out how he had planned. But that quite didn't happened, cause now, he's one of the most well known photographers and captures images for different kind of magazines.

I stand till he takes the car out of the gate and drives away. 

I turn around and walk through the corridors to the principals office. I knock at the door.

"Yeah, come in," She said.

I enter into the highly furnished room, which consists of a desk and a big chair on which she's seated.

"Yes," It sounded more like a question when she said that.

"I am Emily Matthews, new to this college and here to collect my dorm keys."

"Okay," She said an scrolled through some slides on the computer in front of her.

"Got it," She said smiling.

She opens the drawer under the desk and takes out a key.

"I am Sophia Whiskerson, the principal of this college. Here are your dorm keys. Dorm no 206. If you need any help contact,"

"Sure," I said taking the keys from her hands and she nods at me.

I get out of there and make my way to dorm 206.

"201, 202" I mutter under my breath passing through the other dorms. "205," And finally 206. It took exact 2 minutes for me to this dorm. I'm not Albert Einstein, but I can guess that two minutes are almost over. Without wasting any time, I quickly insert the key through it and open the door.

Its quiet dusty as if not opened for months. There's a couch in the center and also a mini fridge at the side. There are two doors attached opposite to each other and the third one at the corner of the room. I walk around and open one of the doors. I study the room.It is covered with light blue walls. And consists of a bed and a study desk along with a closet at the side. There's sunlight lightning the room through the window, which is at the adjacent angle of the bed. I close it and walk to the other one. Its the same as the first one.

As am about to close it, the door that leads to the dorm is suddenly opened. I slightly turn around and crane my neck to see who it is. I turn back and and relax when I notice its just a boy. Realization floods through me and my eyes widen in terror.

Wait, a boy?