Twenty One: Last Chance

Elizabeth's POV

Everything is finished.

I'm finished.

Here I am, sitting in Kayden's room. I've been here for 2 days straight. Everyone has tried to get me some food, told me that it'll be okay. But I just want to scream at their face that it won't be. It will never be okay.

Thirsty...

I have last drank water yesterday morning, so I really want some water.

I, with the help of the study desk, get up and try to walk. I can feel the weakness seeping through me.

I suddenly knock down the books kept on the desk.

God...

I hurriedly pick them up and place them on the desk. But one book catches my attention. It has 'Kayden' written on it. It's a plain navy blue book. I pick it up and open the first page...

Dear diary..

I instantly close it. It's not good to read other's diary.

Huh? A page has fallen down. I shrug. Reading one won't hurt. And I actually want to know what all thoughts were inside that cute little head of his...

It's a really neat handwriting...

Dear diary,

Tomorrow is finally the day. The day I've been waiting for seven long years. Yes, tomorrow I'm going to tell her how I feel. I don't know what I'll say, so I'm just now writing a letter to give to her...

Kayden...

A letter?

I open the book and start flipping the pages until I find a piece of paper neatly folded.

I open it to see a dry rose kept between. And something was written on it.

I start reading it...

Elly,

Just know that I'm going to run away after I give this to you.

It's a letter written by a coward who wasn't strong enough to tell this to you by himself.

You remember the day we met? You were clinging to the cherry blossom tree and I pulled you up. You looked so cute with your two ponytails and...

I'm just getting off topic now. The thing is that... I know you think of me as a best friend who will always be by your side. But have you ever thought what I thought of you?

You were an angel. An angel who has fallen from the heaven for me. You always had so many things going on at your house, but you still managed to shine brightly like a sun.

As a kid, I always wondered, what is love? But maybe I've gotten my answer thanks to you. For me, love is something which cannot be put into words. It's a feeling that can only be felt in heart. It's not something which can be seen or touched. It's something that happens when someone special fills the empty corner of your heart.

That's what you did for me.

You filled the emptiness inside me.

You completed me.

You made me who I am.

And for that...

I love you.

Kayden

Can one even say a word after this? All that was left in my heart was regret.

Regret of not being able to save him...

Regret of not being by his side when he needed me the most...

Regret of stupidly looking at him while he was drowning...

And finally...

Regret of losing the chance to tell him how I felt about him.

I lost my last chance.

I don't even deserve to feel sad.

All I deserve...

Is pain.

⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪

And that's a wrap! Now the book will jump into present.

Elizabeth's past was really sad.

I hope nothing happens to anyone.

And thanks a lot for over 100 votes. This chapter is dedicated to all my dedicated readers pandalover0292, Leeleechoco2 and pineapple_parabatai. Love you all!

I don't have much to say...

Love you all!
Xx_TheRainbowGirl_xX aka Diya