I never even talked to anyone in this school except for the teachers, but only if they'll ask me a question or what.

“Next, Kim Namjoon.”Mrs. Go said blankly, looking at Namjoon directly with a serious face.

Kim Namjoon stood up from his seat, “3.1415926535.” he said coolly which made Mrs. Go nod, “Very good. You may-” Kim Namjoon already sat down before she even finishes her sentence.

Kim Namjoon is this other guy who is my "rival" in the rankings, according to my father and most of the teachers. But frankly speaking, I don't even see him as my rival. I'm always at the first place, and he's always at the second place.
It's not that Namjoon cannot beat me in academics, It's just that Namjoon isn't really forcing himself to read textbooks more than 20 hours a day, unlike me, who does that.

If Namjoon studies like me, I'm sure he'll beat me at the rankings and my father wouldn't be even happy about it, not even a bit.

The class went on and everybody in the classroom got their own chance to recite the pi up until the tenth decimal. Some of my classmates weren't able to memorize it all, and they were marked absent and was sent out of class for this subject.

Mrs. Go was talking about Trigonometry for the class. She asks me questions, then asks Namjoon questions, then resumed on the discussion, and then repeat.

It's all sin, cosine, tangent, cosecant, cosine, and cotangent all over again and again. If I can sleep in this class, I would've, gladly. But I can't, since I have to take down notes to show it to my father, even though I probably took down notes about this kind of lesson for more than ten times years ago.

Moments later, the bell rang, letting the students know that it's already time for lunch.

Most students went out of their classroom to go to the canteen and eat lunch, and some stayed inside the classroom to eat.

And I belong to those who stays inside the classroom to eat since I have no friends to sit with at the canteen.

Well even inside the classroom, they disarranged the chairs and desks and formed their own groups so that they can chit chat while eating.

But for me, I have to prepare and be ready for a pop up quiz on any of the subjects later so I have to study while eating. I took out my textbooks for the afternoon classes and placed it on my desk.

A hand slammed on top of my textbooks. I looked at the person who dared to mess with me today, and saw that it was Jung Hoseok smiling at me while Kim Namjoon was standing approximately a meter away from him while crossing his arms on his chest while raising an eyebrow at me.

The two of them are best friends or buddies along with some juniors.... Well that's what I know about them.

“Hey, Rajin.. Thanks for that save earlier. I owe you one.”Hoseok says with a smile, and I just nodded once, "Yeah, sure. That was nothing.”

I got my lunchbox and placed it on my desk beside my textbooks. I expected that Hoseok and Namjoon already left, but I was wrong.

“Hey, come eat with us at the canteen.” Hoseok says cheerfully, and I avoided eye contact, “Thanks, but no thanks.”

It's because I don't want to bring all these textbooks and lunchbag at the canteen. It would be really heavy.

“Aw, why?”Hoseok pouted. “Well, we're gonna eat with you, then.”Namjoon said, which made me tense.

“S-Sure. Whatever.”I said, opening my lunchbox.

Namjoon and Hoseok dissaranged their desks to form a mini triangle with me, and they took out their lunch.