Epilogue

Don't let the Shadows of yesterday spoil the Sunshine of today...

________

Sanskar's POV

I don't know why but that picture is very close to my heart afterall it's the 'only pic of Swara' that I have. It's like a trace of her, a ray of hope that she is in real and may be I will be able to meet her again. I would have believed it to be my dream if I did not had her photo. She was like a passing breeze in my simple life that made everything upside down.

I just want to see her once again to know whether she is fine or not. And if possible then I will try to return the photo back to her father.

Flashback

When they turned to leave, with Abhishek holding Sanskar from the shoulder, Sanjeev called him out, "Son!"

Confused, they turn around. "Yes Uncle?"

"Aren't you forgetting something?"

With confusion etched across his face, Sanskar narrowed his eyes towards Sanjeev before he slowly nods a confused 'no' to him.

Sanjeev calls him near with hands. Sanskar takes a moment to look at his father who encourages him to go by patting his shoulders. Sanskar moves forward and stands in front of him asking, "Ji uncle?"

Sanjeev smiles and holds Sanskar from both the shoulders and says, "You remember son, you said that when we meet again, you will accept my gift."

Realisation dawns on Sanskar and he bits his lips in apprehension before hesitantly saying,"Uncle, you say that I am your son and now you are taking my help as a favour to you? And not only that, you want to return my favour?" he says faking hurt.

"Aye shut up. Why will I return the favour of my son?"scolds Sanjeev lovingly.

"Then why gift?"

"It's a Christmas gift son that every parents give their child. Won't you take my gift?" Seeing the hurt face of Sanjeev, Sanskar smiles a bit and nodes his head which changes the dull face of Sanjeev to a bright one like a glowing bulb.

Handling him a bag, Sanjeev says, "Take this and don't open it till you reach home."

Flashback ends

*****

At that time, I didn't knew that he will handle me his whole purse. Thankfully, it didn't had any crucial cards of his. Though, it had the cute pictures of his daughters. I kept it safely so that I can return it to him whenever possible but we never met.

Sitting on my table, turning the pages of a file to hide my impatience I say, "Come in" as soon as I hear a knock.

"Hello Mr. Sanskar Maheshwari..."

I glance up from the table to look at the head, popping out of the door, having a smirk and sparkling big eyes that is like an indication of a big achievement which confused me for a while.

"You here?" I ask, seeing the girl who met me few days before, still standing at that posture with a goofy grin.

Her smile widens and then she enters the room so gently like she is afraid to break a tile. Then, standing in the middle of my room, she says while bowing in a playful way, "Yes... Me here!!!"

I stand, closing the file and going around my desk I ask, " Ohhh... Ms. Kapoor??"  When the nod of her head confirms my question I continue, "Ahhh... Thanks for the efforts. It means alot. I thought that I lost that photo forever. Photo please?"