Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones but Beatings Will Always Hurt Me

I awoke to my alarm ringing, the numbers flashing 6:00. I get out of bed and get dressed for school. My name is (Y/n) and I live with my sister Natsuki and my father. My mother died during childbirth. Natsuki and I are fraternal twins, you see.

I go to Natsuki's room and wake her up, careful not to disturb father. She sits up and rubs her eyes, "Mornin' sis." I smile and pat her head, "Good morning. Get moving, we have to leave soon." She nods and heads to the bathroom down the hall.

I head into the kitchen and start to make father's breakfast. As I flip the bacon in the pan, I hear the sound of dress shoes on the floor. My eyes widen as I think to myself, 'Oh no..." I quickly plate the bacon and put some toast on the plate along with a glass of orange juice. I set the plate on the table just as the door opened.

Father walked into the room and towards the table. He sat down and looked at the food before picking up the plate. In an instant, the plate hit me before it fell on the floor and shattered and the food got on my clothes and the floor.

As he stood, the chair grinded loudly into the floor. I started to tremble. I bent down and started to clean the mess when his hand struck my face. He hit me so hard that I was knocked onto the ground. I felt the plate shards dig into my hands and trembled more.

He was angry, "You can't even do something as simple as cook can you? You're a good for nothing bitch. Just like your sister." I kept silent, hoping Natsuki wouldn't come in here. He kicked me in the side 3 times, somehow without cracking a rib. He spoke before leaving, "Clean this up."

I heard the roar of a car engine and knew he had left. I turned to the door when I saw a flash of pink. I sighed, "Natsuki, you can come out now." She silently came out, a look of concern on her face, "Are you alright? I saw what happened..."

I just nodded, ignoring the bruises forming, "It's just another beating. Another set of bruises." We both cleaned up the kitchen and headed to school together.