window beyond window

♡ mutual pining // new neighbors au

It wasn't until Oikawa opened the curtains of his room to let the sunlight in, did he realise that someone had finally moved into the apartment room that had been directly opposite to his in the other building.

He thought he was seeing things, maybe his eyes were playing tricks on him - but no, there was definitely a really cute orange-haired, shirtless boy laying in his mattress with the futon half on the floor and half under and around his legs.

Oikawa was frozen, dazed in a half-awake and half-asleep state that rendered his mind sluggish in a way that made him think that maybe he was finally hallucinating after always seeing those beige curtains closed and ready to be pulled open by someone beautiful.

Well, this someone wasn't awake and pulling the curtains open but Oikawa still felt elated to see his new neighbour. Seeing him shirtless and practically drooling was a bonus, for sure.

"Iwa-chan, I got a new neighbour," Oikawa rested his palms on his hips, pushing his chest out with a grin, Iwaizumi merely looked at him to continue, "he's really cute, too."

As if competing to see who had the cutest neighbours and whatnot, Iwaizumi clicked his tongue with indifference. They had been walking home as Iwaizumi lived on the floor below Oikawas' with his boyfriends.

Boyfriends, meaning plural, meaning Daichi Sawamura, Bokuto Koutarou and Kuroo Tetsurou.

Oikawa didn't mind it, it was always lively and when he was bored, he didn't just have to hang out with his best friend because they always seemed to come as a group and it was always fun to hang out with them.

They had all known each other in high school briefly, Iwaizumi and Daichi were dating initially, as was Bokuto and Kuroo but the two pairs got better acquainted in college and it seemed as if Kuroo and Bokuto had both been daydreaming about the other boyfriends more than they should've, really.

But it didn't matter to the two when they came to the conclusion that they should all start dating.

Hence why the other three were following, Kuroo and Bokuto swinging their hands together, obnoxiously high as they laughed together and Daichi walked beside Iwaizumi, an arm looped around his shoulders in silence,

"I bet you were perving on him, you creep."

Daichi stifled a short laugh and Iwaizumi almost let a smile show out of accomplishment when he heard the angelic noise, "I-I'm not a pervert, Iwa-chan! I'm serious, his curtains were just open when I opened mine this morning, he was sleeping!"

"And you just watched him, I bet he was half-naked and you stood there for like half an hour," Bokuto perked up when Kuroo yelled from behind them. The spiky white-grey haired male looked from Kuroo and then to Oikawa, "what's this?"

Kuroo merely nuzzled his spiky-yet-oddly-soft hair and murmured, "he's got a cute neighbour he says, babe."

"Oya?" Oikawa looked back at the two mischievous boys and rolled his eyes, his cheeks flushing a little when thinking about how Kuroo was right on the money, "Ah! That's why you were late to the first class, right?!"

Bokuto exclaimed, almost as if he'd win a prize for guessing correctly and Oikawa watched with a nervous grimace when Kuroo pecked him on the cheek as they all knew that Oikawa was late to his first class; that was shared with Bokuto, because of the new neighbour,