"I love it. Thank you, Kay!" I said standing up and hugging her.

"You're welcome. You look smoking hot. Ashton won't know what hit him." I smiled at her and grabbed the small shoulder bag on my bed. I put my wallet, keys, some extra lipstick and gum inside. I grabbed my phone and checked it to make sure I hadn't missed a text.

"When you get home, I expect a full low down on what happened, what you did. So basically, everything that happens from the moment you leave here until you step back into the apartment. Got it?" Kacey told me, her voice hard and commanding.

"Yes, mom. I promise." I said, saluting her. Even though she can be demanding, and sometimes pushy, I love her to death. I don't think I'd be here, or want to be here, if she wasn't. I'm just glad she's my best friend and hasn't ever left me. "Thank you for doing my hair and makeup." I hugged her tightly.

"Your welcome. Someone's got to make sure you look amazing. Because without me, you wouldn't be able to." She said.

"Aw, it wouldn't be a good day without you saying I'm pretty without your help." I said sarcastically.

"Someone's got to do it." She said smiling at me. Laughing, I shook my head at her. Just then my phone buzzed. Looking down I saw it was Ashton.

"Okay, I've got go. See you later." I said, pulling my bag onto my shoulder.

"Okay. See you later. Have fun, if he invites you back to his apartment, say yes." She said winking at me.

"Kacey!" I said.

"What? Just go." She opened the door and shoved me out. "Have fun!" With that, she shut the door on me. Great.

I walked down the stairs and outside. Idling by the curve was Ashton's limo. The moment I stepped out of doors I saw Ashton step out of the limo and come towards me. His driver stood off to the side with the door, waiting for us.

"Layla." He said with a smile on his face.

"Ashton." I said, my voice kind of shaky. Layla, you've got this, act cool. Don't let him know how he affects you. I said inside my head.

"I've got to say... You look amazing." He said, looking me up and down. I could practically see him undressing me in his head.

"I know I do. I thought I may see some attractive guys while we're out." I smirked at him and walked towards the car, leaving him standing there with a mixed look on his face. Smiling and nodding my head in thanks to his driver, Clark, I slid inside. A second later, Ashton joined me. By his posture I could tell he was angry for some reason. Doesn't he know I was joking?

The car started forward and we sat in silence. Ashton stared out the window and I sat there playing with the rings I had put on. I was usually fine with silence, but for some reason I couldn't stand another second of sitting here with the awkward silence wrapped around us.

"So where are we going?" I finally asked, biting my bottom lip hoping Ashton would answer.

"Somewhere." He answered vaguely.

"Great answer. That really helps." I said sarcastically, looking out the opposite window. We remained in silence as we drove deeper into the city. I almost felt like a tourist as I leaned against the window to look outside. New York has always fascinated me, even as a child. I was never allowed to come downtown like most kids in high school. Even after living here for four years I still have not shopped or looked around in downtown New York. I never had the time or the money to do so. Kacey always invites me to come with her, but I'm either working, or was attending class. Well, there's also the factor that I'm usually too broke to do any shopping. So now I was looking at everything I could as the limo driver maneuvered us around traffic.