Chapter 15: Dream Jumping

[{A/N

asdfghjkl; so i had to really convince myself to finish this chapter. It ended up being alot longer than i thought it would, but hey, better for y'all! i think...

Do any of you have siblings that are so annoying that you literally want to kill yourself in their presence? I do. It's not a fun time. 

Despite hair-ripping giggles and taunts by my siblings, i finished the chapter, so here it is! expect the next one in a few days to a week!

p.s. i've found an editor, but she won't be starting for about a week or two, so this is unedited (as are chapters 5 and up) so sorry for any spelling mistakes/grammar mistakes/generally confusing things!

COMMENT PLEASE. I HONESTLY NEED TO KNOW IF THIS IS EVER WORTH PURSUING. if you don't comment or vote, then i don't even know if i'm a decent writer, or if this story is even worth continuing, so help a girl out and just let me know.. PLEASE...

Thank you for continuing to read this, and welcome! if you're new!!

~Katie}]

Chapter 15

Phillipa

“Whoa, wait, hold up.” I stopped Adrian after about three minutes of his explanation. “Did you say Peter Pan? As in THE Peter Pan? Yeah, that’s really going to make me believe you.”

Who did this guy think he was? Did I really look that gullible?

He looked astonished, to say the least. “You’ve seen The Boy who Wouldn’t Grow Up? They’re still performing that?”

“I mean, yeah. What kid hasn’t seen Peter Pan? I think I still own it on VHS ― that’s how long I’ve had it.”

“V…H…S.?”

My mouth dropped open a few centimeters. This guy must have been living under a rock his entire life, because he was seriously out of it. “Yeah, a video tape? Something you’d put in a video player.”

“Oh… um… right then.” 

I knew he still had no idea what I was talking about, despite his apparent realization. I couldn’t help but let a small smile make its way onto my face. “You really have no idea what I’m talking about, do you?”

“Well of course not!” he said, frustrated, “If you’d been listening to what I said you would know that I haven’t been here for a century… or so.”

“But there’s no way any of that could be true!” I said, still unwilling to believe him. “I mean, I can see how Opal could be the evil witchy person you were talking about, but Tori? She was just so nice! And it’s not possible for people to life that long. She still looks so young.” I knew it was a weak defense on my part, but… “I mean, all of that is fantastical and impossible anyways.”

“Okay, then,” He sighed, rubbing a hand tiredly across his face. “I don’t know how possible this is, but what if I could take you to my Passing Place?”

Passing Place… I thought, What was that again?

“Oh!” I remembered. Scoffing, I asked sarcastically, “Really? You think you’d be able to take me there?”

“Well, I got myself in here, didn’t I?” he retorted.

“You mean I let you in here. It was up to me to open the door, or else you’d be stuck out in my room.”

“So you do believe me, then? That I am a dissolver, and your shadow.”

Wait, what? “Well, no. But ― ugh! Just forget I said anything. I still don’t want to believe you.”