sixteen ; timing

[ i'm thinking maely is portrayed by maybe a shorter barbara palvin? she's gorgeous and idk i don't even remember when color maely's eyes are but yeah thx chloe! haha ]

december 1st, 2013 (around 3:30)
ages; 19

he wiped his eyes with the back of his hand like a five year old and i almost swooned because it was adorable but. no.

"i can't deal with you," i muttered before turning around. i think i slayed him enough today and if not, oh well. i was sleepy and wanted to cuddle with lukey poo. "don't talk to me again, okay?"

ashton whimpered and reached for me but i ran towards the door and somehow made it down the steps without harming myself or the stairs, pushing open the door. i bolted down the hallway. it was eerily silent. i would have thought ashton'd chase after me, but he didn't. maybe he took the hint.

and i almost felt sad.

of course i still loved him. he was my world and my sun and all my starts and my moon and i couldn't just throw it away. but he was going to use me for some bet, after pretending he didn't know me, after leaving me without saying goodbye, after being with me for sixteen years.

and i didn't realize i was crying until reality struck when i was on the lift and literal tears were streaming down my cheeks and it was like i didn't care. i just let it happen.

my heart hurt.

i ran to luke's door and knocked violently until i heard him shout to wait a second. i wiped at my cheeks as the door opened and i threw myself into his arms, and he engulfed me with his body. luke closed the door behind us and pulled me over to his bed, pulling me onto it with me literally on his lap. i don't see why he's so nice to me.

"what happened?"

"nothing."

"then why are you crying?"

"because nothing happened."

and i'd blurted the words before i could stop myself and it kind of dawned on me that maybe i wanted to make up with ashton. i missed his little face kisses and the way he'd sing about everything and his lame jokes that no one understood and everything about him, i missed. once i'd stopped crying luke pulled me under the covers and we just laid there, me in his arms and both our eyes on the ceiling.

it was silent. "what did you want to tell me earlier?" i asked and i expected it to be super difficult, like him saying never mind a million times.

but instead he just moved so we were both laying on our sides, our eyes staring back at one another. "just that i've kind of got a huge crush on you, maels, and the crush has kind of moved to being in love with you."

my heart sped up and he took in my silence as a reaction. our eyes locked before i suddenly felt really hot and sweaty and boy, was i blushing? "luke," i began, "you don't mean that."

"i do," he said cheerfully and suddenly sat up, giving me half a heart palpitation in the process. "i love you so much. like, from here," and then he stopped to literally touch the wall above the bed, then jumped off the mattress, keeping his fingertips on the wall as he ran around the room. he circled all around, past the closet and the bathroom doors and then making his way back to me, and pounced back on the bed, right in front of me. and then he booped my nose. "to here."

and then i started giggling uncontrollably and so did luke and for idon'tknowhowlong we were just a giggling mess. and when we finally stopped, we made eye contact and bursted into laughter again.

i moved so i was sitting like luke with my legs curled under me and i put my hands on his knees. "this might be crazy, but i love you, too," i said, and i meant it.

yeah, ashton and i were a thing. it was a huge part of my life. but maybe him leaving kind of was some sort of sign that he wasn't the one? i did love luke. maybe not in the way he loved me. but i did. and at the moment he probably wasn't overthinking the way i was because he pushed me down and made out with me until he got sleepy and then he just pulled me close to him and cuddled me until we fell asleep.