twenty-three; distorted reflection

-•-•-

After having spilled her heart's secrets to the room of vampires downstairs, Remi had been putting all of her attention onto this favor for Marcel. Usually Remi wouldn't think twice about about helping someone out; just a one-two-three and it's done; but there were just some things in life that she didn't want to think about right now, so she pushed them to the deepest darkest crevices of her mind and sealed them shut... at least until the night was over. 

Remi stared at herself in the mirror, the long lilac gown from earlier elegantly draping down her waist. She truly felt like a whole other person while in it, which is another reason why she loved it so much. 

Eventually the clock struck 10:00pm and she heard the Mikaelsons' voices from outside her bedroom door telling her to leave the building before anyone could see her. She finished adjusting her dress and walked over to the balcony window, letting the cold chill of night consume her. Remi slid down the fire escape, kicking her boots off once the reached the bottom and groaning as she put on a pair of Rebekah's heels. 

"Showtime," she said to herself as she adjusted her posture, walking in towards the from entrance of the abattoir as if she were just another doe-eyed tourist. 

Her lips parted as she stared in amazement at the unbelievable amount of people who were dispersed throughout the abattoir. Remi could see the Mikaelsons in the corner of her right eye and Marcel in the corner of her left eye, which sent a calming feeling throughout her chest. She made her way through the tall crowds, murmuring 'sorry' and 'excuse me' as she tried to reach a less densely-packed place. 

An open bar suddenly popped up in front of her and she decided to stand beside it, crossing her fingers that Marcel's allegedly devious lackey would want a drink at some point. 

After ten minutes of continuously fidgeting with her fingers, Remi started to feel doubtful that anyone would walk up to her. She turned her apprehensive gaze to where she had previously seen the Mikaelsons, and hoped that they would still be there. The hybrid was the first to notice her and sent her a reassuring wink, letting her know that he was still there. Remi chuckled and sent over a half-wave before turning her head back towards the bar. 

"What can I get 'cha?" the bartender asked, seemingly exhausted from having to serve the hundreds of people at the party. 

"U-um I-" Remi started to say, but was interrupted by a man in his mid-20's wearing a cocky grin that she wanted to kick off of his face.

"Get this woman a glass of your best whisky; neat," the anonymous man's deep voice said and turned his gaze towards a confused Remi.

"Sorry, do I know you?" she asked and raised her eyebrows.

"Not yet, but I know you," the man replied and Remi couldn't help but feel even more weirded-out. "I've been watching you stand here all alone for the past twenty minutes so I decided to come over and introduce myself- I'm Fernando," He said and Remi felt her heart quicken, knowing now that she was in the presence of the vampire that Marcel was talking about. 

"Remi," she said and offered a smile. Just as the two finished introducing themselves, the bartender returned with the glass of alcohol that Fernando had ordered for her. 

"Oh, I actually don't really drink," Remi said and shook her head, but Fernando pushed it further towards her.

"Come on, beautiful, it's a party... let loose!" He exclaimed and Remi knew that he would get bored with her if she declined. She internally screamed as she downed the battery acid that he had ordered for her.