fifteen; the reoccurrence

-•-•-

"Rise and shine, time to wake up!" Rebekah boomed as she pulled open Remi's bedroom curtain, allowing the bright morning light to consume everything in it's path.

Remi groaned into her pillow. "What? It's like 8am, five more minutes?" she asked desperately, her hair sprawled out wildly across her pillow.

"Nope. Get dressed, we have urgent matters to discuss. Meet us in the courtyard downstairs!" Rebekah yelled as she exited Remi's bedroom and closed the door.

Remi drowsily flopped out of bed and grabbed the first thing she could find in her closet. She threw on a red henley shirt and black leggings and yawned as she walked barefoot down the stairs.

"What's going on?" she asked confusedly, noticing Sawyer standing among Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah, and Freya. 

"It appears as though more werewolves have gone missing, your friend's parents and Hayley included," Klaus answered as Remi joined them in their circle formation of discussion.

"But I thought you guys killed the assholes that were behind it," Remi started, feeling sorry for her best friend not knowing where his parents were.

"We did, or at least we thought we did. It seems there are more where we left off," Rebekah  responded.

"We'll be back. We're heading to the bayou to interrogate the werewolves," Klaus said. 

"Not interrogating, Niklaus. We're going to ask them politely if they know anything about the current disappearances," Elijah firmly corrected. Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah, and Sawyer began to walk out of the abattoir, only Freya staying behind to look for any spells that could help expedite the locating process.

"Wait, I'll come with!" Remi said as she hurriedly hopped while putting on her boots.

-•-•-

The five of them arrived back at the bayou only a short while later. The humid bog seemed desolate, not a single werewolf pack was in sight. Only the cottages remained, looking normal but only missing one key aspect; inhabitants. The group of supernatural creatures tensed up at the sight of the empty bayou, but kept walking deeper and deeper into the wooded grassland, hoping to find someone, anyone left behind by who or whatever was abducting the wolves. 

Once they reached close to ten kilometers deep into the bayou, a faint sign of billowing smoke could be seen coming from above the trees. They walked closer to the pillar of smoke and came across two middle-aged men sitting around a contained camp fire. The two men didn't even bother looking up to know who was in front of them. "Well now, what did we do to deserve a visit from the Mikaelsons and..." one man said and sniffed the air like a curious mutt, "a wolf boy and witch girl. Name's Tom, and that there is Dominic," he stated, confused as to the odd alliance.

"We're wondering you know about the disappearance of the wolves" Elijah said bluntly.

"Vampires caring 'bout wolf business, ain't that a sight to be seen," the second man--Dominic-- said.

"What's unusual is the fact that we seem to be the only ones actually concerned about your futures!" Klaus lashed out, annoyed at their nonchalant attitude.

"Futures? Don't you understand? We ain't got futures anymore," Tom said, his deep tone only making Klaus more annoyed.

"Look, we just want to help bring the rest of your pack back to the bayou and kill whatever keeps bloody taking them," Rebekah sighed.