Making a Monster (Part 1)

After losing her father to the war, and her mother to working there was nothing to keep Raven from the shadowy forest. Whenever the loss of her father started to weigh down on her, she did the only thing she knew how to do. Fly.

She would climb to the top of the tree and jump, hoping for something, anything. A breeze to pick her up and carry her away somewhere far away where troubles didn't exist, for wings to explode out of no where guiding her safely to the ground. Nothing ever happened she always fell helplessly to the ground, or sometimes the water if she jumped from the right place.

As she got older she started to relise that her father was gone, and those words, "Never forget you can fly" they were an empty promise. Words ment to comfort the small child should anything happen, nothing more no matter how bad Raven wanted them to be.

♡♡♡

Raven came back from the woods late that night, her muscles aching from the rigorous training exercises she was doing in the woods.

She had lost track of time and she felt terrable about staying out so late, this was always a hard time, today marks the end of the second year since her fathers passing. Now approaching the age of ten Raven should of known better than to have spent so much time out alone.

Forgetting to unclip her sword from her hip and the shield from her arm. She burst into the house expecting to see her mother sitting by the table two cold plates of food infront of her and a expression of disappointment on her face. She was met instead by the sight of her mother lying sick and frail on the couch two neighboring farmers were sitting by the table waiting for Raven.

Feeling the tention in the air Raven instinctively grabbed for her fathers sword at her side, nothing good was going to come of this, nothing good ever came from visitors. Visitors were what took her father, and it was visitors that carried the news of her father's passing.

Seeing her grab for her sword they both stood up. "Hey it's okay, you won't be needing that. Where is your father." The older of the two said taking a step towards her.

Raven took a step back towards the door, with a picture of horrified shock painted across her face, today of all days they had chose to ask about her father. "He is resting with the king beside his fallen bretheren." She stood tall as to not look afraid not removing her hand from her sword.

"He is one of the many who has been blessed with the honor of being selected to stand with Luxian, and the forces of the light." He said stepping back behind the table again.

"He was one of the many who were condemned to a earthen prison in which he sleeps, stripped of all but his name, soon to be forgoten by all the kingdom. All but my mother and I that is his honor and his blessing, to reside where the light cannot reach."

"What are your parents call signs that led to having a child with such a tounge."

"My mother answers to Fate, and my father to no name that can be heard by him now."

"You have Fate's wisdom, yet you also also have spunk and determination about you, that might lead you to trouble, I ask one more time for your father's call sign." He said obviously getting annoyed with Raven's witty evasions.

"He answered to Strength, and his calling suited him well."

"And what would one of your personallity be answering to."

"One could ask the same of you, you did after all invite yourself into a house that was not your own." She said drawing her fathers sword from its sheath fully.