Unexpected Mission

Kakashi's POV

It's been a week since I told Minato-sensei of my predicament. Things have pretty much been going smoothly. Obito is still being the hyperactive crybaby he used to be although he's starting to be more mature. It's as if he's hiding something and only acting like an annoying hyperactive idiot. I should talk to him about it sometime. And Rin is still the girl who tries to keep me and Obito from fighting all the time. Minato-sensei also keeps asking me questions about things in the future but I still never told him about the deaths and Obito being manipulated. In the future, Obito came back to the village after the war. Tsunade put him on probation for about a year and ran him ragged with D-ranks. He eventuallly worked enough to recieve a full pardon when I was made Hokage. I also didn't tell him of my mate or my skills. Though I did hint at it every once in a while, mostly by accident. There's still an empty feeling in my heart because my mate, Naru, isn't here. It still hurts to think that she doesn't exsist in this timeline yet.

"OI! Bakashi! Are ya in there?" I was brought out of my thoughts by Obito who I think has been trying to get my attention for a while now.

"Hai?" And that was my intelligent response befitting of a genius prodigy.

"We've been trying to get your attention for a while now Kakashi-kun" said Rin in her usual worried voice.

"Are you alright?" she asked

"I'm fine Rin. You don't need to worry so much" I replied. Over the last week or so, I've been slowly 'changing' my personality so I don't have to act like a stuck up prick all the time. I can also see that Rin was worried about something other than me and Obito was also figeting impatiently. So I asked what was bothering them.

"Minato-sensei is even later than I am today!" cried Obito as he threw his arms in the air. Really, he reminds me so much of Naru. Every time I think over her my heart has been beating faster. Damn hormones of prepubescent teens. No matter how old I am mentally, I still have a 12 year old body.

"HEY BAKASHI!!! QUIT SPACIN' OUT GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!" screamed Obito.

"Whoops, sorry about that. I have a lot on my mind at the moment"

For a moment there, he had a knowing look in his eyes. It was there for a split second before it disappeared. Had I imagined that? Just as Obito was about to open his mouth to start an argument with me, Minato-sensei appeared in his signature flash of yellow light.

"Sorry, sorry! I'm late because the Hokage wanted to give us a C-ranked mission today" he said

"What's the mission?" Rin decided to ask.

"We're going to escort a wealthy businessman's daughter to The Land of Rivers. This mission is going to take about two weeks if everything goes smoothly. You three go pack now, we're leaving in about a half an hour."

"Hai sensei!"

And just like that, we went off to pack for the trip. Hopefully the C-rank curse of Team 7 would stay away for now.

My POV

When Kakashi got to his apartment, he put everything he needed into a storage scroll and wished that he still had his katana 'Shirokami' and his tanto 'Kuroakuma'. Those blades were found on one of his missions and they were the only ones of their kind. Shirokami was a lightweight but indestructable chakra blade built for speed and endurance while Kuroakuma is an indestructable blade that is charged by pure lightning. The tanto is made for quick kills and assassinations. These two legendary blades were bound to Kakashi so he could summon them anytime but now they are still probrably under the mountain they were originally found in. 'I seriously need to get those blades back' he thought to himself.

While Kakashi was lamenting about his blades, Obito and Rin were heading to the gate where they would meet their charge. However, when they got there, Kakashi was still not there. Just when Obito was gonna go off ranting on Kakashi being a hypocritical jerk with a stick up his ass, a streak of silver eletricity flashed through. When the light died down, almost everyone's jaws dropped. Rin, and Minato were gaping like fish out of water because the flash revealed Kakashi who was standing there snickering at their faces. Obito, however, just widened his eyes and then pulled on a blank face. This didn't go unnoticed by Kakashi who made a mental note to confront Obito about it later. Kakashi hoped that Obito was also from the future but didn't allow his hope to soar too high. Just then, a girl was led up to them by a chuunin. She had very pale skin and ebony black hair with icy blue eyes. She basically looked like a doll. She then looked at each and every member of Team 7 before huffing and saying "Hmph! You guys look good enough I guess. You better protect me or I will have my father punish you for not protecting his daughter." At this, Obito started turning red and started fuming. Kakashi was annoyed that the girl was such a spoiled brat but he kept it hidden and put on a blank face. Rin looked torn between calming down her teamate and lunging at the girl herself. Before Obito starts yelling at the brat, Minato steps in and says "Maa maa, lets get going shall we?"

"So...What's your name?" asked Rin who was just trying to be nice.

"Although I see no reason to give someone such as you my name, I shall tell you. My name is Yukina Gatou. Though I don't expect you to remember it." she said in a snotty tone. Kakashi was miffed at this girl's attitude. She is a spoiled brat who has no respect for others. 'Was it a coincidence that her name is Gatou?' he thought to himself. After Yukina's little introduction, Obito seemed ready to punch her into next week. She had just insulted his crush! Before Obito could do anything, Kakashi spoke in a cold voice that sent chills racing up their spines.

"Shut up and be quiet. I will not tolerate you belittling my team. You are lucky that I'm lenient or I would've kicked you all the way to River so be happy that we even accepted this mission"

As he spoke, he laced the air with a minimal amout on KI for effects. The snooty brat was now shaking and the rest of Team Minato were both surprised and shocked except Obito. He just stood there with a slight smirk on his face. Minato didn't know that Kakashi could be this scary. Neither did Rin.

"H-h-hai" stuttered the girl. She looked utterly terrified of Kakashi. Seeing this, he dissipated his KI and went back to walking.

"H-hey w-what was that Kakashi-kun" asked Rin

"She deserved it for being a selfish brat" stated the silver-haired chuunin. Minato, who was standing there silently observing the whole time, decided that they shoud get a move on since it's almost sunset. Along the way, Minato lagged back to where Kakashi was and asked him about the silver flash of lightning he appeared in.

"That jutsu is called Kaminari no Tabi, I created it based off of the Hiraishin. It's a technique similar to the Hiraishin but instead of using seals as anchor points for teleporting through time and space, the Kaminari no Tabi is using Raiton chakra to condense your body and travel at the speed of actual lightning using the chakra and stagnant eletricity that's always present in the air. You need to have a lightning chakra affinity for this to work or you get fried using it. Those who aren't used to it also get extreme tunnel vision." explained Kakashi. Minato was awestruck that his student had created such a technique and was very proud none the less. He's also wondering how strong Kakashi actually is. He has a feeling that he would be in for a ton of surprises from his student from the future.

Minato noticed that it was getting late so he turned around and said "Okay everyone, let's go a bit further and then set up camp" Yukina was about to open her mouth and most likely complain about sleeping outside, but with one look from Kakashi, she gulped and decided to keep her mouth shut.

The next four days went smoothly and the team got Yukina safely to the Land of Rivers. On their way back to Konoha, kunai and shuriken shot out of the trees as Iwa-nin jumped out of the bushes and surrounded Team 7.