Chapter 4

Anika smiled when Shivaay opened the car door for her

Anika smiled when Shivaay opened the car door for her. As she sat inside, Shivaay got back to his seat. The engine revved to life and Anika felt Shivaay interlinking his hand with hers. The butterflies erupted once again and Anika couldn't help but wonder what sort of dream this was.

Her mind drifted back to yesterday morning, the reason she and Shivaay ended up the way they are now.

-

Amidst all the preparations, Dadi noticed how tired Anika looked. She had a slight idea of the feelings brewing between them but couldn't understand why Billu had preponed his engagement to Tia.

That morning, after Shivaay left for office, she asked Rudra and Saumya to calm Anika down. To let her rest a bit.

Rudra did the emotional-blackmailing part and Saumya chose a movie. Some angrezi film whose name Anika didn't care to know. As Rudra and Saumya enjoyed the movie, Anika's thoughts were all around Shivaay. She couldn't believe the Bagadh Billa had preponed his engagement. Suddenly coming back to the movie, she only turned her attention to the screen to witness the leads into a passionate kiss.

Instead of looking away, like Anika usually would, she started imagining Shivaay and herself and her cheeks turned crimson.

Shaking her head to remove those cheapde thoughts, she actually paid a bit of attention to the plot. A bit.

It was when, a risky and probably desperate attempt struck her. What if?

-

Anika was brought back out of her thoughts when she felt Shivaay's lips on her cheeks. She turned to find him looking at her in amusement.

"Were you really lost or were you pretending so you could get a kiss?"

Anika narrowed her eyes and answered haughtily. "I am not dying to get a kiss from you."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. I can live without them now."

"Then why did you kiss me in the dark."

"So that I could live as I saw you getting married to Tia." Anika softly replied.

Shivaay pushed his foot on the break immediately and turned to look at her.

Immediately pushing his and her belts, he cupped her face. "Anika, I'll tell you one thing. I only preponed the engagement to see if you would react. Anika these feelings have always been there for you. The ring you are wearing is the one I bought for you. The one I bought when I told Mom I didn't find anything for Tia the day we went to the  jewellery store. What you did was for the best, okay?"