Let it Go: SoulMates

It had been over two months by now. Over two long struggling months as I was forced to watch Taehyung's shoulders weighted down in pain. The sudden death of his grandmother slowly eating him alive from the inside out. I knew it was hard for him to keep the emotions inside as he pushed himself past his limits in every dance practice and every recording. Taehyung had gotten great at acting by now, but somehow I could always see what was really going on inside him. From the day we met, the boy became transparent. I could read him like a book. And this chapter tormented me, because I was forced to watch him struggle through the pain.

         Hobi-hyung and Jin-hyung might as well have wrapped Tae in a bubble with how much the smothered him. Constantly checking on him, mothering him. We all knew the actions were done in love. But it still hurt to watch Tae lash out at them when they failed to take the hint. But they understood. We all did. Our brother was suffering and none of us knew what to do. Jungkookie has never been great at comforting people so he kept his space, but I could see how much he worried about Tae. Always looking up to him and checking on him quietly. Sharing a calming light touch of support wherever he could. Namjoon-hyung and Yoongi-hyung stayed back as well. Waiting for Tae to come to them as they often did when one of us were struggling. Namjoon made sure to share words of support every time he saw Taehyung. Even when it seemed random. Yoongi never said a word, but I could see the care hiding behind that expressionless face as he waved the other members away when they got too smothering. 

       I also found myself unsure on what to do. But when I looked at Tae I felt like I didn’t have to do anything. We just understood each other. He knew I had no words and I knew he was silently suffering. I felt his torment every time I help his hand or patted his back or rubbed his head. It was as if I was sharing the weight of the world with him and neither of us was strong enough to carry it for much longer.

         Tomorrow was their big concert at the Gocheok Skydome and the house was eerily quiet. Namjoon was sleeping, his snores echoing in the halls of their dorm. Jin was working on his guitar in his room. The maknae was lost in another intense game of Overwatch. Hobi was fast asleep in an awkward position in the bed across from mine. Weirdly stroking himself as he slept as I snuck out of the room. I could feel Taehyung before I saw him, sitting silently on the couch. His eyes staring at a book in his hands but he clearly wasn’t reading it. A smirk crossed my lips when an idea popped in my head. We were about to relive the past.

       “Yah, Kim Taehyung,” I whispered a little loudly to shake him from his thoughts. “Illuwa.”

        His eyes met mine but I grabbed his hand before he could say anything. Knowing that he would come along even if I didn’t explain. Taehyung was always the adventurer. It was half past one in the morning as they tip toed quickly to the front door. Snagging Sejin's spare car keys, pulling on their masks, and slipping on their shoes. Trying not to draw attention as I placed my hand on the door.

       “Where do you think you two are going?” The familiar rasped voice caused us both to spin around, Yoongi leaning in the against the wall behind us.

       “Hyung,” I whispered, hurrying over to him. “Taehyung is going through a lot right now. He’s gonna be a mess tomorrow if he’ll doesn’t let out his feelings. Remember what we did when I was having a hard time? You took care of me and stood by my side. He needs that too.”

       Yoongi stared Tae down for a moment before looking to me, his expression softening as our eyes met. Causing me to smile back at him.