Chapter 40: Feelings

Start from the beginning

"Since when are you the voice of reason!"

"Since I stopped partying to pay attention to you and the people who mean the most to me, now come here," Tony opened his arms for his daughter, who without hesitation was embraced by him. Tony may be known as the playboy billionaire, but he'll always have a soft spot for Athena and also Pepper. "Well you look at the time it almost 4 o' clock."

"Oh my god!" Athena scrambled out of Tony's arms, "I have a date with Steve! I'm so late, oh my god!"

"A date with capsicle?" Tony raised an eyebrow.

"Be nice!" Athena went into her bathroom to change.

"I honestly don't know how to process the fact that you're dating an old man."

"First of all we are not dating, he's not my boyfriend—"

Tony couldn't help but laugh, "how many dates have you two been on together for him not to make a move?"

"Dad!" Athena warned from inside the bathroom as she changed into a casual outfit.

"I'm just saying, has he at least kissed you yet."

"That's something I'm not discussing with you," Athena came out of the bathroom fully dressed and checked her appearance in the mirror.

"So he hasn't?" Tony tried to contain his amusement, but was failing miserably.

"Okay, out! Out! Out!"

"Okay, okay, I'm out, but seriously I can't process you with capsicle, why did I even agree for him to take you out! What was I thinking..." Tony rambled on as he left Athena's room.

Athena rolled her eyes, and looked back at the mirror fixing her hair.

She quickly headed out of her room and raced to the elevator.

"Where to Ms. Stark?"

"Lobby, Jarvis."

The elevator dinged, as the doors open and the lobby was there. Athena knew she was running late, but she rather made a run for it than opening her ethereal portal. She was still trying to get used to the idea that she could do that.

As she raced out of the lobby, she made sure she had everything she need in her shoulder bag. She refused to let Steve pay again for coffee or any other food they would eat, he was always the gentleman. Finally making sure she had everything, a certain someone caught her eye. She stopped dead in her tracks and looked to where she could've sworn that she saw one of her sisters, Artemis. Or was it Persephone? There was nobody there. She shook her head and started speed walking through the crowds. In the last couple of days, she was starting to believe that she would've gone crazy. She had sworn many times that Apollo and Hermes were watching her, but every time she turned around, there was nobody. If they were truly here, they would've already spoken to me...

Steve sat anxiously on the bench where he always waits for Athena. She was late, and his thoughts kept haunting him. This is my fault. Why did I take the risk in the first place? Peggy, the Storck Club. Peggy.... You idiot, you can't deny the feeling in the pit of your stomach every time you see her. Are those the butterflies that everyone talks about when they say they are falling in... NO! So I'm regretting all of this, no, but the war, Peggy, but that's all in the past. That's the problem, my past keeps haunting me—

"Steve I am so sorry, I am so late!"

"No it's all right, I'm a patient man." Steve rose from the bench with a smile, and once again, the tingling feeling in his stomach appeared.